Discussion Thread for: The Making of a New AT Collab Deck

gregory

ONE card at a time, I think.

I don't think we need alternatives, either. What we DO need - and NOW ! - is a size. And whether we are having standard borders to unify the deck, or each putting the titles etc on our own cards.

wooden-eye

Not wanting to stir anything up, but.....

The question arises, Strength; 8 or 11?

Marirowana

I'm at work, and on my phone so typing and quoting is a hell... short reply:

just to suggest moderator to open one closed theme where would be posted rules and list of cards with assigned person?:)))
so everyone can check what cards are free before sign up? ;))))

There already is a thread with the list, you can find the link in the first post of this thread! You can sign up for one card, and oncd it's finished, you can pick another one.

If wr set the deadline somewhere in March, which seems nice because it involves a lot of of work with a lot of people and the busy holidays etc, we can take one or two days to decide on the size and ratio and other technical details. No problem as long as nobody starts efore we have it figured out.

Alta

Moderator note:

This thread was moved from Talking Tarot so participants don't have to keep changing forums to keep up with the progress.

Let me know if you want to form a strictly 'process/technical' thread and I can Sticky it.

Alta

Flames

Please have a read

For starters, this is what I'm getting so far after listening to people's suggestions and concerns. Let me know if I've missed something or you'd like to add to it. I'm fairly new at this but I think this is an exciting process and we can all learn from one another. Thank you!

A)
Borderless
Traditional Names
Titles added by artist

OR

B)
Borders
Traditional Names
Titles added at the end to make it uniform

Additional Questions -
***Printed deck or available only online?
***Are most people in agreement to use traditional names?

Thank you tarotbear for providing the tarot card template...gregory is right, we need to decide on SIZE.

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=72300&d=1412016391

reall

I'm at work, and on my phone so typing and quoting is a hell... short reply:

There already is a thread with the list, you can find the link in the first post of this thread! You can sign up for one card, and oncd it's finished, you can pick another one.

If wr set the deadline somewhere in March, which seems nice because it involves a lot of of work with a lot of people and the busy holidays etc, we can take one or two days to decide on the size and ratio and other technical details. No problem as long as nobody starts efore we have it figured out.

still don't know which one to start first?!!:))) and cant start without a CARD SIZE!;)))
im ok with this gamecraft size tarot suggestion!^^ :)))

truelighth

I would love to participate.

My vote is for:
B)
Borders
Traditional Names
Titles added at the end to make it uniform

Because it will give the deck a uniform look. We have experience with that with the Tarot Collectors Forum decks. It really makes them come together.

tarotbear

Additional Questions -
***Printed deck or available only online?
***Are most people in agreement to use traditional names?

Thank you tarotbear for providing the tarot card template...gregory is right, we need to decide on SIZE.

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=72300&d=1412016391

Hi! I don't want to look like I am pushing for The Game Crafter, :laugh: but their proportions:size ratios will also fit into the MakePlayingCards and Printers Studio's Tarot card templates.

The top half of the pdf I attached is an explanation to go with the template previously mentioned. (also attached)

If for some reason the Collaborative decides to change and do poker-sized cards -or something else :eek: - that needs to be addressed up front and quickly, also. :)

Attachments

• TGC Tarot Card Proportions.pdf
    261.9 KB · Views: 349
  • tarot-card Template.jpg
    tarot-card Template.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 173

Flames

Thank you very much for your input truelighth & reall. Very much appreciated.

reall - I suggest you choose a card to start with.(10 Majors left! :) ) Once we have all the details in place, you can go ahead and create. Claim the card you'd like to work on, first. :)