Astrological Layout/Zodiac Spread

Pao

this may be a stupid question but i was looking for a general spread that covers every aspect of the quarants life, can I use this for that? or this more related to astrology which i have very little knowledge of?

starrystarrynight

Hi Pao,

How I've been using this spread since going through this thread last year, is that (as I learned here) each card that you draw for the particular house in which it falls will relate to that house over the whole course of the upcoming year.

In other words, the card you draw for, say, the second house will speak about how that card will relate to your second house (earning abilities, self-esteem and/or your possessions) over the next year. (And not just the second month of the upcoming year, necessarily--although, I will go back and look at the links that lunafey provided and see how they might incorporate somehow.)

One professional reader (face-to-face) that I visited a couple of times several years ago used this spread and was astounding in what she told me...from health concerns to an upcoming relationship that was totally unexpected at the time! The spread has been tickling at my brain ever since! :D

pippi

Question for those of you who do this spread for the year ahead... Do you find that one card in each position is sufficient? I was considering drawing three cards for each position to get a more detailed look. I don't want to feel like the reading is lacking, but I also don't want overkill.

ETA: Okay, I just tested this spread out, by doing a reading for this past year. That way I could see what cards made sense in each position, since I have the benefit of already knowing what happened in 2009. I drew three cards for each position, and as it turns out the 3rd card was irrelevant in most cases. I found that just the one card gave a good overall assessment, while two cards gave more info, without being too cluttered.

So... I have answered my own question. :)

Conniejfoster

I am coming from astrology to Tarot

The 6th house is not institutions. The 12 house is institutions. Remember the 6th house is also the way you work and your skills where the 10th house is your career or job. The 6th house has to do with people that work for you....people you supervise. the 10th house is also your employer or supervisor.

Conniejfoster

Question for those of you who do this spread for the year ahead... Do you find that one card in each position is sufficient? I was considering drawing three cards for each position to get a more detailed look. I don't want to feel like the reading is lacking, but I also don't want overkill.

ETA: Okay, I just tested this spread out, by doing a reading for this past year. That way I could see what cards made sense in each position, since I have the benefit of already knowing what happened in 2009. I drew three cards for each position, and as it turns out the 3rd card was irrelevant in most cases. I found that just the one card gave a good overall assessment, while two cards gave more info, without being too cluttered.

So... I have answered my own question. :)

I never use three cards. I find one card usually answers most questions but on occasion if I can't answer a question the client asks and I am not sure I will lay an extra card to the right of a card in the house or houses that relate to the area I need more information about.

Conniejfoster

Hi Pao,

How I've been using this spread since going through this thread last year, is that (as I learned here) each card that you draw for the particular house in which it falls will relate to that house over the whole course of the upcoming year.

In other words, the card you draw for, say, the second house will speak about how that card will relate to your second house (earning abilities, self-esteem and/or your possessions) over the next year. (And not just the second month of the upcoming year, necessarily--although, I will go back and look at the links that lunafey provided and see how they might incorporate somehow.)

One professional reader (face-to-face) that I visited a couple of times several years ago used this spread and was astounding in what she told me...from health concerns to an upcoming relationship that was totally unexpected at the time! The spread has been tickling at my brain ever since! :D

I sometimes find the time answer in another house. I did a reading for a person recently that showed her house was going to be completely redone. I don't remember which card was in the 4th that showed me that but I remember it was reversed. I also told her there was going to be some paperwork issues with either insurance or the government (8th house, but don't remember which card was there.) She then told me her house was lost in the tornado in Mayflower Ar. Since the tornado was April 27 (Taurus) The 8th house would be Virgo so it would be resolved during the sun in Virgo. She also lost her car (2nd house) and needed it for work. It was lost during Taurus and would be resolved during sun Taurus. Sorry I don't remember the cards involved.