The Tarot of Vampyres: The Magician (split from Tarot Decks)

inanna_tarot

see... the Magician I like. Vampires, being the undead, are unable to connect to the lifeforce and energy in the same way that we do. So when your RWS Magician holds his wand, hes connecting to the energies around him, directing his Will, the Will of the Universe.

However, if your undead you are beyond the lifeforce and Divine Will, you are with out energy unless you create it. Like a witches chanting raises the energy, the vampire uses pain (the searing pain of holding the cross) and his own 'life force' of the blood that he has drawn of his vein. At that moment you watch the Magician caught between pain beyond belief, burning flesh and smoke pouring from it the stench filling the room, and his Will to raise the energy and magically directing it to his purpose. To think negatively of the pain will effect the potency of the magic, and to let go will mean its all for nothing and he's got a burnt hand to show for it.

Just me thoughts.

hopena

I remember almost everyone saying that they didn't like the Magician, but I do. I actually prefer him, over the half-naked girls everywhere.

HighPriestess

The Magician looks kind of smug to me, but also confident, as if he's sure that whatever ritual he's conducting is going to work.

Maybe he's hexing the local vampyre hunter!

WolfyJames

The Magician has golden tattoos on his arms and shoulders representing the golden solar energy that he is (Will). There is a red halo behind his head and I have no idea what it is, an aura of his energy? Another interesting element is the box that is under the skull, it is closed with a lock and you need a key to open it. What does the Magician hides there? Our hidden potentials? I'm guessing he is the only one who can open it.

Attachments

• 01200.jpg
    01200.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 369

Eeviee

The red glow brings to mind two ideas:

1. Blood Moon - AKA: Hunter's or Harvest Moon. Also, refers to a Moon with a reddish tinge.
- Vampires are hunters and harvesters of blood.
- Magicians need to "harvest" energy in order to direct and send it out into the World to make their magick. Also, the Full Moon (which this could be) is the most conductive time to work all magicks.

2. Mercury - the Astrological correspondence to the card.
- The surface of Mercury is similar to the Moon in texture, with craters and such. The physical relation to the Moon brings to mind magick, which is exactly what this Magician is practicing.
- Also, like the Moon (and Venus), Mercury can be seen from Earth as having phases.

ETA: What's interesting to note is that while the card has the traditional Tools/Elements present, there is also the inclusion of the white candle. A candle is another tool Witches/Magicians use in place of the Wand/Scepter to represent Fire. Both the Scepter of the suit of Fire is present, along with the physical Fire burning the Scepter from the Magician's touch. A white candle typically represents the God/Masculine energy; while a black candle (see The Priestess) is used to represent the Goddess/Feminine energy.