try napaea's past life spread...

tigerlily

Starfish: My interpretation of the 6 of Wands is that you have actually a talent for leading people, for taking charge and getting things done. When confronted witha complex problem, you instantly know where to begin, what to do to be successful. Others look to you for showing the way. You're a natural talent, but you shy away from the responsibility that comes with it.

The King of Cups is often seen as a counsellor, someone who helps others to solve their problems - a leader in the realms of the psyche. The Eight of Cups shows that in your past life you ran away from "sentimental" situations; you probably felt uneasy when someone broke into tears while you were around. That'S why the Queen of Cups is your lesson in this life - a woman who is not ashamed to cry in the cinema ;)

As for the 6 of Swords - curious that it turns up in this context ... I was meditating the other day and found myself at a river I wanted to cross. With every step I made the water climbed higher, until it swept me away and shattered my body at the rocks downstream. I didn't cross the river in this meditation, but I understood that this was a river of tears - all the tears in my life that I had held back for some reason. I feel that yours is a similar journey.

mooncat2

Napaea, I love past lives spreads and on the strength of just one try this is a great one.

Did it for myself and its right on. Used the Tarot of the Old Path.

Present life issue: The Guide ( Temperance)
Finding a spiritual path, listening to my spiritual guidance and confronting my emotional hangups. A remix of my energies, finding the balance.

Past life issue: Queen of Swords.
The tendency to detach emotionally through fear of being hurt or rejected. Learning to view my life experiences as lessons that can be overcome and then used positively to help others. Too much reliance on the mind - lack of trust in my intuition.

How past life affects today: Knight of Pentacles
Too cautious when it comes to moving out into the world???
This is the card I had trouble interpreting - would welcome others input!

Soul lesson : Justice.
To take responsibility for my own life. To stop blaming circumstances and other people for where and what I am. See and understand what has brought me to this point and take control of the future.

Pattern that connects lives : Emperor
The Aries card - I am - individuation - learning to hold my own power. Many of this lifes lessons will be learned through battling strong male authority and within the family. How true!

What is needed to learn this lesson: Karma ( Judgment)
A spiritual awakening!! Which led to understanding that this is only one of many lifetimes and karma is the correction of imbalances from previous lifetimes. Learning that letting my emotions rule my life wasn't "just how I am" but could be overcome.

What to look forward to: 8 Cauldrons (Cups)

The spiritual journey. Opening up to my feelings and intuition. This is the Saturn in Pisces card and Saturn brings restrictions and life lessons so hopefully freeing myself from the past live memories that prevent me from showing the best qualities of my Piscean nature.

I'm into the second part of life - an old crone - and can really see the pattern of my life in these cards. Would love to hear others insights, though, in case I'm just reading what I want into the cards.

Thanks for a great spread

:THERM

napaea

Wow! Tigerlily & tarotphelia...you guys are gooood! I'm going to have to re-read this whole discussion...so many points you guys brought out that I hadn't thought of!

Mooncat: I'm glad the spread worked well for you. And I'm so glad you shared your reading. Your Emperor card: wow. I can totally relate! You guys are all so good! I want readings from YOU guys!!!

love & peace
napaea :THP

mooncat2

Tarotphelia,

First let me welcome you to the community - good to see you getting right into the thick of things.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my reading. The 8 Cups I have never thought of in that way but you're so right - not actually retired but the real hard working part of our life is over and we are winding down a bit with more time for myself - and the kids are all grown and independent.

The Knight - well, although I have had to work hard it doesn't come naturally - a bit of a lazy , dreamy Piscean really so I think the word perfectionist is the one to focus on - I never think what I do is good enough and that prevents me from moving out amongst others with whatever meagre talents I have. The Tarotexchange here has been a great confidence booster.

Thanks again for your very helpful comments. Usually find that someone else can see the things you miss.

Blessings

renard

2 past lives?

Hail, napaea! This spread rocks.

I did one that was strikingly accurate and enlightening about the stuff that keeps zipping in from outer space and into the center of my life, and then a second little clarifying 5-card I made up -- in which two of the cards from the PL reappeared just where they belonged (and I'd shuffled very, very well). Molto impressive.

So, I thought, let's do it again. Totally different results but once again, relevant, internally coherent AND supported by the 5-card. So, what I'm wondering is, am I looking at different lives?

That's what it seems like -- one's feminine and dreamy and poetic and (ick!) victimized, while the other looks masculine and active and out-in-the-world (with, I'm afraid, a tragic fall). Both are packed with people and incident, almost no M Arcana, and both connect with psychic junk I'm trying to purge.

So, this is very, very exciting. I also like the fact that in all four spreads, the last, "what I have to look forward to" card is a reversed king or queen -- and never one of my favorites. The King of Swords has it in for me, for some reason.) Naturally, I prefer to take this as a throwing off of old dominant forces and not as some other sort of downfall.

I too now believe. Thanks so much for sharing this!

xoxoxo -- Renard

carolliketarot

my first try on the spread

I did spread last nite, however, as I have no past life memory, I am puzzled with the cards. Scary to see the card 1, 2 and 5.

1) 9 of Swords (reversed)
2) Tower
3) 7 of Pentacles
4) 5 of Swords
5) Ace of Pentacles
6) Ace of Cups
7) 4 of Cups

On the whole, my feeling is that the past life issue I still confront with is material (Tower). That is placing emphasis more on material than spiritual. I feel the conflict inside i.e. material vs. spiritual but not sure how to deal with it (9 of swords). The material aspect of my past life still affecting me (7 of Pentacles) and my soul is trying to tell me not to take short cut on getting the material things. The pattern connects these life ¡V Ace of Pentacle ¡V material / concrete things. I need to nurture my soul and develop my emotional awareness, my spirit¡K. Through this it will help me to appreciate what I have (spiritual and emotional aspect) (4 of Cups).

Interesting spread, thanks for sharing.

Love and Light
Carol

catlin

Wow, I love doing past life spreads and I'll surely will try out this one, too. Thanks for sharing it!