Before They Sleep (Pet Spread)

MissJo

It didn't aggravate me, dear. I do understand where this would be an overall depressing spread, who wants to lose their pet? Whatever pet it may be, they still are an important part of your life... they are your family.

*hugs*

astratarot

It took me a long time to find a spread for my client's horse. I hope this is the one, it seems to fill all the criteria they asked for. I want to rework it for long deceased pets, though, but it is a fantastic place to start.

hopena

When I commented five years ago, I had a dying dog - the first of my five litter mates, to pass on. :( He died January 2011, and I've lost them all in each year following. I had to make the decision to help Walter pass on yesterday, and I wish I'd remembered this spread, but I'm also not sure that I would have had the strength to do the spread, even though I know my dog loved me. We were attached for almost seventeen years. I might try this, with it slightly amended to, "What did he want me to know?" when I feel ready to try something like this.

I did also have to make the decision for another pet, and Mum had to choose to put our dog down when I was sixteen - he had cancer all over his body, and they wanted to do it when he was already asleep for his surgery. :( So I'm not new to this, but it is never an easy decision. The vet wanted me to do it then, not to wait another night, just in case a miracle happened. I both regret it, and am glad that he isn't in pain.