The Unexamined Life Spread (7)

DesertDream

Here is my The Unexamined Life is not worth living spread. Based on a quote by Socrates. I love this saying, its so true.

-------1------
----2-----3---
-------4------
-------5------
----6-----7---
*Seperate deck into major arcana, seperate suits, court cards.

*Shuffle each pile seperatly as you think of the question.

1. What do I need to examine most in my life right now? (Major Arcana cards only)
2. How to best go about it? (Pick out of wands suit, it symbolizes action)
3. Mental challenge or block (suit of swords)
4. The emotions I need to look into about this (suit of cups)
5. How to best apply this information in the real word? ( suit of pents)
6. The person i am before this examination (court cards)
7. The person i am after i do an examination (court cards)

Questions, comments, improvements are welcome :)

tarot_quest

Hi DesertDream!

That is a lovely spread :) I like that every aspect/question is determined by one of the suit, really cool!

Do you think that the total quint is relevant? If yes, would you use it as the theme of the spread or as a way to improve yourself?

Here is what I got:

1) temperance

2) 7 of wands 3) 4 of swords

4) 4 of cups

5) 2 of pentacles Rx

6) king of pentacles 7) knight of cups Rx

For question 5, I wonder what does it mean for a rx 2 of pent as how you can best apply this information in the real world... Maybe I am lacking internal balance?

Basically, I think that this spread is saying that I am not enough patient to find the right partner in love. I also think that with two ''4'', I have to pay attention to my thoughts when I am alone or simply when I am thinking about my love situation

The quint is the strength (11)

Thanks for sharing it ;)

RiverRunsDeep

I like the idea of separating the majors, suits, and courts to get a
more specific take on each question. Thank you for sharing this! :)

DesertDream

Do you think that the total quint is relevant? If yes, would you use it as the theme of the spread or as a way to improve yourself?

For question 5, I wonder what does it mean for a rx 2 of pent as how you can best apply this information in the real world... Maybe I am lacking internal balance?

Basically, I think that this spread is saying that I am not enough patient to find the right partner in love. I also think that with two ''4'', I have to pay attention to my thoughts when I am alone or simply when I am thinking about my love situation

The quint is the strength (11)

Thanks for sharing it ;)

I think the quint can be relevant to either question or theme. The major theme of the spread is Temperance, the first card all other cards are based around. So if you interprit the quint as a theme it would be a minor one supporting the major theme. If it is for self improvement then the quint can be seen as a supporting quaulity to help with the major theme. It could also give deeper insight into the situation of the major theme. I'll leave this up to the interpritors of the spread :D

With temperance and 2 of pentacles combined, to me those cards signify balance. I would agree. I don't use reversals often, if you would like more help you can post in the Your Readings section, of course.

Four is also a number of stability and balance (correct me if Im wrong), so its worthy to look into.

I added the number cards and reduced it to 8 which is strength in my deck. Are you using a Thoth or a clone? Also did you count the temperance card in with the numbers? In that case, I would of got the emperor.

Thank you and I am glad you like the spread :)

DesertDream

I like the idea of separating the majors, suits, and courts to get a
more specific take on each question. Thank you for sharing this! :)

Welcome :) you can seperate the cards like shown for many, many spreads!

tarot_quest

Four is also a number of stability and balance (correct me if Im wrong), so its worthy to look into.

Yes I also agree! 4 are about stability in numerology and strong foundation :)

I added the number cards and reduced it to 8 which is strength in my deck. Are you using a Thoth or a clone? Also did you count the temperance card in with the numbers? In that case, I would of got the emperor.

For the quint, I did the summation of all the cards (including the major Arcana: temperance). I did use a Marseilles deck.

Thanks again for this spread and for your help here ;)

Feel free to let us know what you got, as an example. It can be challenging to link the cards we got to what we have to work on...!

DesertDream

Results

No reversals/Golden Tarot

1. The Lovers - romantic relationship. The Lovers are more elaborate i know but this spread shows romantic issues atm.
2. Two of Wands - forge ahead in my search
3. Ten of Swords - forget the past, experiances blocking me for sure
4. Eight of Cups - walk away do not hold on, forge different path
5. Four of Coins - the next ones a keeper! Lol. (Confused)
6. Page of Cups - immature in the past
7. Queen of Wands - have matured greatly to hold my own

Quint: Empress interprited as manafesting

Kept the explinations brief as to not divulge info.

But if you have more questions feel free to ask!

tarot_quest

For 4 of coins as what to do in the real world and a page of cups as your past behavior, I also think that it is saying that you were immature in love (maybe with your partner or in your approach to find a mate, maybe even not that serious?)

And the 4 of coins is suggesting you to look for something serious, grounded and stable instead of flirtations or ''immature love'' like infatuation or something like that.

I also think that the 2 of wands is suggesting to concretely make actions to find a partner and with the Lovers as the major card (issue), I am sure that this spread is about love!

Like you said, the empress as a quint points to a nurturing relationship, something pleasant and fulfilling

Thanks again and good luck :)

DesertDream

I was just showing my results as an example, not for interpriration. Wouldnt want to upset the Mods, by not posting in the right area! But thank you. :)

I think one of the greatist thing I can take away from this spread is Discerment.

INIVEA

oops it's this one, Yes lol where's my reading glasses

I will so try this one out