Companion book on the Liber T?

schizandra

Hello,

I've recently come back to Tarot and have purchased the Thoth and Liber T to study side by side. I couldn't resist the Liber T; the art is amazing and the illustrated minors are a thrilling bonus. I would like the opportunity to break down the imagery and symbolism within the Liber T (as I intend to do with the Thoth) but it's difficult to do that without a companion text. Was there ever one that was released for the deck? Or can you recommend any Thoth books that might give me a better idea re: the added symbolism on the minors?

Zephyros

Sadly the best source is one that can't be obtained, made by a former member and then pulled off the net, pending his book on the subject. However, if you feel like doing a little digging, you can find all his sources online, and taken together they explain the decanic images (especially #1). I warn you though, these are archaic grimoirs, so it will be stiff reading. Still fascinating though:

1. The Picatrix or Ghayat al Hikam
2. Liber Hermetis
3. Giordano Bruno - De Umbris Idearum
4. Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa - Occult Philosophy

As far as I know, there is no "friendly" book about the images. Not much to do about that. Note that I'm referring only to the decanic images on the Liber T minors, not general Thoth books.

Emily

Hi lotusindigo,

You could try PMing Scion to see if he is still sending his Liber T PDF out. There are many of us who work with the PDF and are eagerly awaiting the book. I also use Thoth books with the Liber T and have to agree with you that it is the smaller images on the Minors that make the deck for me. :)

Samweiss

There's a book about the decans called "36 Faces: The History, Astrology and Magic of the Decans" by Austin Coppock. It was recommended to me by a member on these forums. It has a very nice appendix that has descriptions of all the decan images, so you can easily use it for studying Liber T. I was actually interested in getting that deck after reading the book.

schizandra

Thank you both for your help! I tried pming Scion but it looks like his pm box is full. I wish I knew if he would take issue with people sharing the PDF amongst themselves. Otherwise I guess I have to cross my fingers for the book!

Zephyros

Thank you both for your help! I tried pming Scion but it looks like his pm box is full. I wish I knew if he would take issue with people sharing the PDF amongst themselves. Otherwise I guess I have to cross my fingers for the book!

He does, said so on the forum, otherwise you would already have it. :)

Emily

He didn't want us to start sending the PDF out, he kept a list of interested members and liked to send the PDF email out himself. The links can still be found but were not placed online by Scion, also they seem to come from file sharing sites. There have been others that have asked about the PDF too, hopefully Scion's book will be out soon.

schizandra

I hope so too! I will find the resources you all referred me to, it will give me something to sink my teeth into in the meantime. Thanks!

Abrac

lotus, PM sent your way.

WolfyJames

There's a book about the decans called "36 Faces: The History, Astrology and Magic of the Decans" by Austin Coppock. It was recommended to me by a member on these forums. It has a very nice appendix that has descriptions of all the decan images, so you can easily use it for studying Liber T. I was actually interested in getting that deck after reading the book.
Thanks for the recommendation. I bought it and received it friday. It does look interesting.