New book

archer1

First I have heard of it looks interesting... Its strange all of these books on Thoth and now you can't find the decks none of them...

Always Wondering

No, but it looks intriquing.
Have you read it, or are you wondering if it's worthwhile?

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
Have you read it, or are you wondering if it's worthwhile?
I'm wondering if it's worthwhile.

Yes, it looks interesting. But you can't judge a book by it's cover. And the blurb tells me nothing. It says in contains an "in-depth analysis of the meanings". But whos meanings? Are we talking about the established meanings here or personal projections?

Aeon418

OK, I just caved in and ordered a copy. :laugh: But I won't be surprised if it turns out to be yet another Angeles Arrien-style bird cage liner.

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
OK, I just caved in and ordered a copy. :laugh: But I won't be surprised if it turns out to be yet another Angeles Arrien-style bird cage liner.

Well, she IS a subtle energy healer (why am I smirking again?). She doesnt give any valid credentials for me, like - was a member of GD, or even, studied GD for 5 years or studied Thoth for 15 years ...? It also says the book is good for beginers or someone with 'background knowledge' of the Tarot. Oh yeah ... her other credential was she lives on a farm with her husband and animals ... Good luck. (I'll write you one for half the price - but not with pretty coloured pics ;) )

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Well, she IS a subtle energy healer (why am I smirking again?). She doesnt give any valid credentials for me, like - was a member of GD, or even, studied GD for 5 years or studied Thoth for 15 years ...? It also says the book is good for beginers or someone with 'background knowledge' of the Tarot. Oh yeah ... her other credential was she lives on a farm with her husband and animals ... Good luck.
I know. I know. Trust me, none of this slipped beneath my radar. But then the Book Depository knocked 50% off, so I thought what the hell! :laugh:

I'm fully expecting the book to another tiresome parade of personal psychological projections, random thoughts, and visual free associations. I believe this is called "intuitive reading" these days. ;)
ravenest said:
(I'll write you one for half the price - but not with pretty coloured pics ;) )
Yeah, no pics. You'll get sued by the OTO. :laugh:

thorhammer

Aeon418 said:
I'm fully expecting the book to another tiresome parade of personal psychological projections, random thoughts, and visual free associations. I believe this is called "intuitive reading" these days. ;)
ROFL Yep, I think you're on the right track.

I look forward to you being our vicarious guinea pig. If you are so inclined, would you write a review for the book for AT?
Yeah, no pics. You'll get sued by the OTO. :laugh:
If we keep saying that here, they'll sue us for . . . I dunno, slander or somesuch.

ROFLMAO

\m/ Kat

Aeon418

thorhammer said:
If you are so inclined, would you write a review for the book for AT?
I'll think about it. But only if it's really bad.

Aeon418

Initial impressions after a quick flip through.....

Nothing earth shatteringly fantastic, but it's not the Arrien-style abomination I feared it would be. Miss Hughes doesn't seem to suffer with Crowley phobia either. A promising sign in my opinion.