The Book of the Law Study Group 2.1

Always Wondering

cardlady22 said:
AW, does it do anything to view the point and circle as a 3D thing rather than a 2D glyph? I'm imagining the circle as a clear bubble with the point being riding inside it.

Ah, a see-through Nuit. Why didn't I think of that?

Thank-you, it helps.

AW

cardlady22

*sheepish grin*
Just remember that my Thelemic experience is limited to this series of threads and mere glances at the Thoth deck. I've never been initiated into anything, so my thoughts may be completely off the wall.

Always Wondering

Uh oh. Do we have to have badges or something? Because if we do I'm in trouble. :laugh:

But I finally memorized the Hebrew Alaphabet. :party:

The Law is for All. ;)

AW

Aeon418

similia said:
Also this line has lead me to think about the idea of the "one" hidden among the "many". Nuit suddenly seems like a giant "Where's Wally?" book in the sky.
Where's Wally indeed! But in this case it would be like Wally himself looking for Wally within the picture.

This verse is the compliment of the first verse of chapter 1, where the appearance of Had immediately invoked the infinite circle/sphere of Nuit around him. But here every point-centre is hidden within Nu. It impossible for them to exist apart.

In the book as a whole this is verse 67. The same numeraion as BINH, Binah, the root of the feminine principle on the Tree. (Of course Nuit is not Binah, she is infinite. But she is reflected in Binah as Babalon.) This might be pointing to the Chokmah/Binah dynamic and the masculine-force finding expression through feminine-form.

Creation as masculine seed within the Womb of the Goddess. Hadit. Nuit.
Yod - Virgo - Hermit (Or the spermit as some say :laugh:)
Tau - Saturn(Binah) - The Universe.

Aeon418

If we look at Chokmah as a lower analogue of Hadit, then the Star/Emperor swap makes sense. The Will of the Father is transmitted to, and given expression through, the Mother - The Star/Heh/15th path - to be born as the Child in Tiphareth.

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
Where's Wally indeed! But in this case it would be like Wally himself looking for Wally within the picture.

:lightbulb

If Wally was a snake/serpent he would have bitten the plain nose on my face. :laugh:

Heru-ra-ha
Hours-sun-flesh

AW

Lore347

Originally Posted by Aiwass
1. Nu! the hiding of Hadit.

The verse also helps illustrate the fact Nu and Had (did I do that right?) are actively engaged in this relationship. Had isn't simply There. Nu is actively hiding Him

Also, did I understand the usage of Had/Nu vs. Hadit/Nuit correctly (-it means you are speaking subjectively/of 'yourself', no -it means you are speaking objectively/ of 'other')?