The Book of the Law Study Group 2.4

Aeon418

This verse makes me think of an eye, and the impossibility of an eye being able to look at itself. It can only observe what is around it.

Aeon418

Eye = Ayin, Atu XV The Devil. Now there's an image of a "Knower" in the biblical sense. He is the creative secret self hidden within us.

Grigori

I wonder in this case who is the "knower", within the context of our previous lines. Is Nuit known only from the perspective of Hadit? This seems the most likely understanding to me, and fits well with Aeon's description and the biblical "known" with this pair as natural partners.

Or can Nuit be known at least at a more superficial level by the Khabs, the Khu, the Ego...? I suppose that depends on if we're looking at Nuit as the Everything or the Nothing.

Nuit who is "known", hides her secret centre who is unknown?...
6. Be thou Hadit, my secret centre, my heart & my tongue!

It seems my mind keep settling on definitions that are contrary to each other, and even mutually exclusive. I s'pose that counts as development :laugh:

thorhammer

similia said:
It seems my mind keep settling on definitions that are contrary to each other, and even mutually exclusive. I s'pose that counts as development :laugh:
0=2

:)

\m/ Kat

ravenest

similia said:
I suppose that depends on if we're looking at Nuit as the Everything or the Nothing.

Or if that EVERYTHING must - by deffiniton - also included the nothing - other wise it isnt everything as its left the nothing out ;)

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Or if that EVERYTHING must - by deffiniton - also included the nothing - other wise it isnt everything as its left the nothing out ;)
Shouldn't that be the other way around? It's the Nothing that contains Everything, but in potential.

Aeon418

similia said:
Or can Nuit be known at least at a more superficial level by the Khabs, the Khu, the Ego...?
The Khabs is not separate from Nuit and does not experience separation. It is the Khu that generates the illusion of separate existence and makes experience possible. This is the same as the Hebrew legend of the Fall, except in this case it's more of a voluntary dive.

The Khabs limits itself via the Khu, safe in the knowledge that it can never be harmed, only enriched by it's experiences. Unfortunately the same process leads us to forget our real self and makes us identify with the Khu. So instead of following the Will of the Khabs and experiencing our chosen possibilities within the body of Nuit, we end up being a slave to the Khu and it's illusory sense of self.

The ideal Khu (a Ra-Hoor-Khu?) would expand outward into Nuit, to actualise and experience her latent possibilities. But what usually happens is a very limited expansion of the Khu or no expansion at all. We only embrace those aspects of Nuit that don't threaten the Khu's sense of self. And thus we fail to truely live.
similia said:
I suppose that depends on if we're looking at Nuit as the Everything or the Nothing.
What's the difference from a perceptual point of view? If you experience separation then everything exists. But in complete union with Nuit even perception ceases to exist - Nothing.

That's the reason why mystics who have attained Samadhi (union with Nothing) can't explain their experience in dualistic language.

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
Shouldn't that be the other way around? It's the Nothing that contains Everything, but in potential.

Sure ... if your focus is on potential. But after the potential has actualized ...

Sometimes things work BOTH ways around.

Lore347

To me it is because we yearn towards Nuit, and Hadit is in the center of us, hidden in the midst of that yearning. It is He Who Yearns.

Kind of like when you sit and try to discern what part of you is the perceiver. Can you Know the Knower within truly? Or can you only Know the Knower by seeing what the Knower Does?