New book ny Paul Hughes-Barlow

fyreflye

Speaking of new books Paul Hughes-Barlow, author of Tarot and the Magus, has a new book about to be published, Beyond the Celtic Cross: Secret Techniques for Taking Tarot to an Exciting New Level. You can pre-order it from Amazon.com and I think it should already be available at Amazon.uk. Despite the hysterically commercial title, and that H-B has a co-author, this should be of special interest. I'm not the only one who thinks Tarot and the Magus is second only to The Book of Thoth as a guide for the Thoth deck.

Lore347

fyreflye said:
Secret Techniques for Taking Tarot to an Exciting New Level.
Really? :) I haven't read Tarot and the Magus. I'll have to check it out.

rif

The co-author is Catherine Chapman of tarotelements.com. She deserves a lot of credit in writing the book, and in fact her work with Paul as a reader was what gave the idea for the book. She's very knowledgeable about tarot in her own right, and in my mind, there is nothing about the book that should be "despite" having two authors. :)

Sadly, I can't get the book in the US for a couple more months, as commented. Amazon.com most recently showed a February release date.

fyreflye

rif said:
The co-author is Catherine Chapman of tarotelements.com. She deserves a lot of credit in writing the book, and in fact her work with Paul as a reader was what gave the idea for the book. She's very knowledgeable about tarot in her own right, and in my mind, there is nothing about the book that should be "despite" having two authors. :)

Sadly, I can't get the book in the US for a couple more months, as commented. Amazon.com most recently showed a February release date.

Thanks for the information and update. You can buy it now at list price directly from the publisher http://www.aeonbooks.co.uk/product.php?PID=29097 if you're willing to pay the high overseas shipping costs created by the tanking of the U S dollar. That's what I did in order to get Tarot and the Magus.

Grigori

Has anyone recieved this book yet? I'd love to hear your opinions if you have :)