Major Arcana and the Thelemic Holy Season

ravenest

Well, I did something today, but I cant remember what card today is. I had it all written down in my note book, with notes and other strange stuff and now I've lost that ... OMG! whoever finds and reads THAT!

Anyway, after threatening each year, today I tried again to make chocolate Jesus on a cross for Easter, instead of Easter Eggs.

How come no-one has done this before? has anyone ever seen them. Anyway it didnt work out too good, bad detail, the choc doesnt fill all the details of the mold properly.

We bought a crucifix at the St. Vincent de Paul Op Shop (it took a while to get the right one, we discussed the pros and cons; "No, this one's head sticks out too much, it will probably break off, this one looks like the dough will stick and this one would use up too much chocolate ... this one too small, you'd want to bite it, not just put the whole lot in your mouth." The counter lady was giving us a wierd look, we settled on an atrocious tortured looking one in silver and pink, there was a blue one too, they had cards attached that said 'Baby' with a little poem - one for girls and one for boys! Great! A little baby comes into the world and it gets this dying tortured guy on a cross for a present as a reminder of the future hope for its life? :rolleyes:

It was also pointed out that I had my T-shirt with a large Atu XI (Thoth) reprinted on the back, I'd forgotten about that.

Anyway, this year for sure! (He always says that!), But I have 4 done so far ... perhaps I should have lashed out and got the big $16 one?

Yeasterday's efforts were a bit rough so I had another go this morning.
I'm trying to imprint in oily dough and fill with choc, any other ideas (non-toxic)?

Anyway, what day was that? Be cool if it was hanged man?

Little private party tonight, otherwise all pretty 'normal'.

ravenest

Cool!

I just checked and it was ! :laugh:

And today (tonight) Adjustment! Now that's a potential.

Tomorrow I buy a lotto ticket.

Come on you guys, get a lotto on the 31st!

Grigori

Hmm chocolate jesus.... yum..... LOL

I had a good Hanged Man day, put the card out and then shook my booty around the house to the soundtrack of Jesus Christ Superstar (the Aussie version, cause its the best!). Funny listening to this soundtrack which I haven't in a long time. Seeing how I see characters differently now than I used to.

Adjustment day was a quiet one, working mostly. But as part of a course I'm doing I had to have a counseling session to write an essay on as an assignment. So this is my ritual to bring me into more "balance" :)

Fortune tomorrow, perhaps I'll buy that lotto ticket :thumbsup:

thorhammer

Can someone tell me why it's Adjustment Day??

I iz confuzzled . . . :(

\m/ Kat

Grigori

thorhammer said:
Can someone tell me why it's Adjustment Day??

I iz confuzzled . . . :(

\m/ Kat

It's not, its a Lust day. Ravenest lead me astray :D So now I have to fit something lusty into my evening in a hurry. Gotta go!

thorhammer

Grigori said:
It's not, its a Lust day. Ravenest lead me astray :D So now I have to fit something lusty into my evening in a hurry. Gotta go!
That's what I thought . . . oih, I've got nuthin' there :laugh: I'm so tired from my day that the thought of getting lusty about anything, sexual or otherwise, just exhausts me! :D

\m/ Kat

ravenest

Eh?

Huh what? I got it wrong?? :laugh: ... lust! Aha! So that's what was going on.

I thought I checked on the site ... now I have NO idea what 'day' it is.

But last, that party .... party? Sure guys, ya gonna party with 5 kids ... and 6 puppies, bed time took about an hour and a half ... Hilarious!

"Hey you mums, the puppies are eating the babies food .... now the babies are eating the food the puppies ate "

"You idiot! Dont let them do that!"

This morning; "The babies are eating out the dog bowl again!" :laugh:

I eventually put it up on the bench.
What day is it now .... where am I ... whats going on?

Tomorrow easter starts (well Easter raging) satying at her place, her half brother with his new partner and his kid with his mum and her new partner and me and kids ... all in the same space ... and probably raining.

What days will that be? ... I dont know , I give up ... {mutters under breath; ' I dunno, cant even keep up with a frorking Thelemic calender! ... I wouldnt be having so many problems if I was Christian.'}

I'm off to make more chocolate Jesus on a cross - at least I understand that.

Grigori

Hermit day yesterday. I found it hard to think of something suitably Hermity for me to do, though I did spend the day at home and mostly solitary. So I repeated the meditation ritual for good measure.

Chariot today, and I'm taking the advice of the oracle and am off to the bottle shop "trinc, trinc" :D I need to stock up on some supplies in preparation for a big ritual planned for next weekend ;)

thorhammer

Wait! Y'all are CONFUSING me!!! It's Adjustment day, dammit!

I think . . . :confused: . . .

I had a good Hermit day, kind of. That Thoth course I'm doing has me meditating with eight of the Majors at the same time (it's not going well) but it's at least giving me a lot to think about regarding the Hermit and his relationship with the Magus and the Lovers . . .

\m/ Kat