Meditating to visualize (see) faeries

Kirali

Thanks Alissa! That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for taking the time to type it out. I will print it out and go through it and try this approach. :)

On another note while sick, I tried to meditate since I didn't have anything better to do than lay in bed. I saw colors again, (while laying down again). First I saw the green, then blue and fields of blue flowers (I've been anxious to get some seed packets of flowers), then kind of silvery or white. (kind of like the negative of a photograph only not a "negative/bad" feeling.) It was really bright and then I think I passed out or was interupted by someone.

So that feels promising! I just have to practice some more. Thanks for helping everyone. :)

Alissa

Kirali, that does sound like a promising start!

My only advice to *anyone* (feel free to ignore it if it doesn't feel applicable, Kirali) is to remove your expectations from the meditation process.

What I mean by that is if you expect to "see visions," or the like, you may set yourself up to fail. First, because your logical mind is trying to dictate what the end process of meditation should bring ("I haven't really meditated until I have a vision," or "I didn't really meditate today because although I was nice and calm and centered, I didn't see any faeries.")

Second, because by expecting one thing to occur, you may focus too greatly on that and thereby miss all the other awakenings inside.

Kirali, I think it's fabulous you could see the colors around you -- when reading about it, I wondered if the color-clouds suggested anything to you (a feeling, a taste, a mood, a smell?)

I rarely see colors when I meditate, but I'm very clair-audient, so I do hear things in my mind's ear a lot.

I think you obviously found a moment the other day to suspend normal thought and "turn off your mind, relax and float down stream" to see where the current might take you. Keep that up!

I *highly* recommend Selby's book "Kundalini Awakening" for more assistance in learning meditation techniques. If his book seems more complex that what you're ready for, I do remember reading a much simpler book of breathing techniques called "Conscious Breathing" (forget who by, but could look it up if you need the author, so PM me if you do!) Unlike, "Kundalini...", the other is not one I would recommend buying, but check out your library (or interlibarary loan, if your library system doesnt have it).

The "...Breathing" book is a bit more ... well for lack of a better descriptive, a bit more new-agey than most of the stuff I prefer to read. But that makes it light reading, and the techniques discussed I found useful.

Many blessing to you on your inner travels!

Wisp Wings

Thus goes the tide....

I have to hurry here. So many have to type more later. Glad to know that wind chimes were only for keeping the bad faeries away. :) Probably why I felt that they as I do.

About the cats... didn't I read that Jessica MacBeth's cat was a bit un-nerved with her when all the posters of faes were laid out? I am thinking that they (perhaps all animals) sense them. For cats as with bringing in anything new, there is that testing period to go through.

I believe Alissa's advice and the meditations methods she gave are great. Alissa, you always have a good word and sound advice!

Kirali, some of what I am typing is observation and some is from my meditations. I fully agree to lay aside any expectations. But do, relax, and let go of what the practical mind is telling you is reality. Really be like a child with an open and broad mind. If you are a person that can get into a good book and feel you know the characters as if living people, or so involved in a movie that you react to it, you are able to meditate. I truly believe you would be good at it too, because of the talk you wrote of color. Creative people meditate without sensing it as that and without it being the true sense of meditation. True sense of meditation meaning the sitting, relaxing, breathing, the letting go, making the time alloted to meditate. People that are empathic and also those highly able to be hypnotize are prone to be good at being able to use meditation in this formal sense. It is an involvement of the mind of freeing itself from the practical and the rational.

I don't know if you bowl or not. I do. I am using this as an example of a sort of meditative thought (focusing). Very often you will see a bowler, of course wanting to make a strike, bowl exactly the same as the person on either lane next to them and sometimes even one lane beyond that. They will have the exact same pins remaining. I sometimes do this too. We are influenced by the way the other person's ball rolled and we repeat the same action. These are people highly able to release the mind and respond to other stimulus well. When I am trying not to bowl the same as what someone next to be did. I, because I do meditate, can pause briefly on my approach, taking in cleansing breathes and basicly put up barriers to the lanes next to me, focusing only on my lane and the pins in front of me. I literally try to enivision white, misty clouds where the gutters are.

If you read the tarot, you notice the relationship in the suits, like for example the cards ace to ten, you see an ebb and a flow. It is kind of a undulating pattern, sort of a two steps forward, one step back, instead of a steady progression. From meditation, I believe all things have this. For us it is our life, namely in our breathing. Maybe it is life literally for all things as well.

Most guides/books on meditation will tell you to do one of two things. Breath normal and make no change from you regular breathing and the other is trying to do deep breathing and hold it before releasing it deeply and slowly. What some will say and I find usually happens is that you can start with the normal breathing that we have, (which most people really are shallow breathers and don't take in deep cleansing breathes)... But eventually with calming the mind we starting taking in longer breathes and then there is the very tranquil, unthinking natural, a peaceful breathing that isn't rushed, isn't focused to make purposefully long.

For me I find one of the easiest ways to use to meditate is to think of the ocean and it correlating with my breathing. (Maybe this is an Aquarius think about me, lol.) See and sense the flow of the ocean in and out, and your breath, in and out as the same. I feel this is also grounding self, connecting with the earth and intuition. If you love to flow on the water, this is a great visual for thinking this too. When you are starting and you are at the time with thoughts cluttering for your attention, this is a phrase that I made up that is useful here. It allows you to focus on your breathing and the ebb and flow of it and the ocean. It has built into it what you are suppose to be doing, the inhale or the exhale breath. "On" is inhale, "Out" is exhale. Here is what I say to myself as I calm and think on my breathing:

"On the shore........
Out to sea.......
On the shore........
Out to sea.......
On the shore.......
Out to sea..."

It is extremely simple. Do that for several minutes. Then with every breath you are naturally thinking the ocean and it naturally slows your breathing to a calm and nature state, at that point you can let go of the words of it in your mind. Allow whatever to come in to your mind happen, if there is nothing at all, be at peace with that and just continue using it. You are nonetheless benefitting yourself. If you ever find yourself thinking on mudane work or stuff you have to do, go back to the words.

I have to close, I do have some thoughts on your meditative thinking other day and I do believe you were certainly meditating then.

Ohhh, also, if you ever think you aren't in meditation... and then you are disrupted by someone... you will know without doubt if you were meditating! A really strong comparison of this for me is what is similar to is when you have watching a film in the dark and you are so adjusted to that, then without notice, someone turns the lights on, with you being blinded with the sudden change. You can't hlep but being very disoriented for several minutes.

Wisp Wings

From Jesa own words, her link of "Seeing Faery"

http://home.earthlink.net/~jesamac/fayseer.html

I've been searching for this link for days to share with all here. If it won't open for you here is the path I took:

http://home.earthlink.net/~jesamac/fayseer.html

Then click on the "The Other World of Faery", next scroll down and click on "Seeing Faery, Drawing Faery".

Her whole site is great, but I loved this article. I thought maybe it would help with all seeking out this thread. Since typing this, I will share a few short stories of one of her methods that I had as a child. My parents had bought this house and our bedroom had this big beautiful patterned wallpaper of large free-flowing green leaves. By day this is what I saw. Anytime in the dark/night I didn't see joyful leaves, but a sky full of flying witches, (not the kind that this of light). They kept the wallpaper for over a year or so, but it wasn't childish and they eventually changed it out.

The other story I was in grade school and my parents had bought what they thought was a nice set of drapes for a formal living room. I liked them well enough too, but it took a good long time, every time to see what they saw on them. I forever was seeing this face of a man repeat as the pattern repeated of the drapes. He was a kindly older man, very hairy with bushy eyebrows, a big nose and a big curling mustache. Whether a quick glance or seating a spell my Mr. is what I forever saw in the drapes. What was truly meant to be the pattern was an urn of flowers repeating. After numerous times I finally managed for my Mother to see him by going and literally touching and saying "Here is his right eye, his left" and so forth.