Storing the faeries

Jewel

Aximili said:
I hope it won't come to that. I'm a bit of a softie and I'd feel really guilty about taking it ;) I'd have to make a deal. I'd keep my pendulum, and bu them an extra-special one of their own.
Honestly, they don't mind sharing. They own an oracle deck they let me borrow all the time, shoot they taught me how to use it. It is the Fairy Ring. They are not stingy.

Aximili

They own the Faerie Ring? What do they do with it?

Jewel

Aximili said:
They own the Faerie Ring? What do they do with it?
Stuff! ~giggles~

They insisted I purchase it. Then they taught me how to use it, and encouraged me to teach others how to use it. They, the Froud Faeries, becomes the guide of the reading - a point of context so to speak. It is a long convoluted process, but works amazingly, just ask Faunabay or Geministar! Also, the spreds in the Faerie Ring book work REALLY well with the Faeries Oracle.

Aximili

Wow. I might have to get one of those. Purely for research, you understand :)

Before I discovered Froud, I'd never been interested in fairies except in the mythological sense. Then, while I was browsing the site one day, I stumbled across the Oracle and fell in love. I actually went out and bought them the next day *laugh*. Yesterday I bough Good Faeries/Bad Faeries. I had a quick glance, but haven't had a chance to read it properly yet.

Sheri

My Fae were very patient with me, too. They wanted the perfect place but would not describe it to me. 'We'll know it when we see it' was all I got. In the meantime, I stored them in a lovely bag that was gifted to me that they were OK with. I believed they want me to make them something, but I just didn't have the time.

During that time, I was purchasing some cool stones and found a really beautiful Laboradorite the size of an egg that was full of browns, greens, blues and flashes of neon colors. I remember distinctly that I had it on a shelf with the rest of my stones and crystals, but the next time I got the Fae out - the bag had something in it. It was the stone! Funny thing was that I couldn't for the life of me get a grasp on it! I heard them tell me that they wanted to keep it because it reminded them of their forest - how could I say no?

I finally ran across a bag that they wanted - it is from Tarot Sulis - the Forest Haven design with a beautiful silk lining. Now they are happily moved in, stone and all. :) They love the idea that the bag was made just for them!

valeria

celticnoodle

I have a few different faerie oracle decks, and all are kept in my bedroom, in my side table except the Frouds. My Froud faeries are actually quite happy sitting in the livingroom beside my couch. They don't fuss much at all about 'where' I put them! Sometimes I have them in a silk lined black velvet bag, and sometimes I just leave them out on top of my table in the livingroom. I think they probably like the livingroom best, because I have faeries and elves, & tumta (?spelling---the Swedish elf/faerie like folk) and angels and such all over the house, but mainly in the livingroom. I've ALWAYS been attracted to them, and I've always been told that even I look like a pixie/elf myself, :laugh: who knows, maybe I was one in a previous life!

I love my faerie decks, and I have a few, but the Frouds Faeries are probably my favorites to use for readings. My other faerie oracle decks that I have, are more beautiful to look at though, but Froud Faeries don't mind that, and the other faerie decks don't care that the Froud ones are used more for readings. they all get along rather well! And, they are all beautiful in their own ways.

Jewel

Aximili said:
Wow. I might have to get one of those. Purely for research, you understand :)
I really like the deck, but to me they are just cards. Not a connection like with the Froud Faeries. The book that comes with the Fairy Ring is really cool too. Very interesting read, with the mythology of each faerie included, how to work with them (or advise not to). I do find that I cannot use the Fairy Ring without the book, I find it about as intuitive as a door nail, but the Faerie Guide from the Faeries Oracle adds the intuitive part and adds a really nice slant to the readings. I also find that I have to use reversals with this deck, which is not a problem as I usually use reversals anyhow (except I don't use them with the Faeries Oracle - I have found no need to).

Aximili said:
Yesterday I bough Good Faeries/Bad Faeries. I had a quick glance, but haven't had a chance to read it properly yet.
Fround also has some other very fun books out there I would highly recomment: Faeries (the predecessor to Good Faeries/Bad Faeries, Goblins (hillarious), and Runes of Elfland.) I absolutly love the books, the artwork is gorgeous, and they are very interesting reads.

I wish Froud would come out with a rune deck, and perhaps even a Goblin deck ~giggles~. But if what he says is true of the Goblins, and if it came alive like the Faeries Oracle does, then perhaps it would not be such a good idea *LOL*.

Valeria, I love your story about the faeries and yoru stone! Thanks for sharing.

Cleticnoodle, like you I own a lot of faerie decks (tarot and oracle alike), but nothing compares to the Faeries Oracle for me either. For readings or anything else for that matter. As I have said many times, I do not even really consider the faeries oracle a deck, because it has come alive for me.

Aximili

I've had a look at the Faerie Ring, but I don't get anything from the cards. They don't interest me, don't excite me or stir any feelings inside me, so I'm not going to be able to use them.

As I said, I'm not actually that into Faeries, I only bought the Oracle deck for the artwork. It was the Fae themselves that have drawn me in. Having said that though, I was really drawn to the Mystic Faerie Tarot the other day, so maybe this is a new beginning for me? Who knows...

Can't say I've heard of those books, but after Good faeries/Bad Faeries, I'll definitely check them out. I've also seen something called I think it was "Lady Cottingly's Book of Pressed Flower Faeries". Any thoughts on that?

I can't remember this very well, but something about 'Goblin runes' is very familiar. I might have heard a rumour once but not understood it's significance...

What is it with the Fae and stones :D Learning about these Fae is going to be hard work, but I know it's going to be lots of fun *Laughs*

Jewel

Aximili said:
As I said, I'm not actually that into Faeries, I only bought the Oracle deck for the artwork. It was the Fae themselves that have drawn me in. Having said that though, I was really drawn to the Mystic Faerie Tarot the other day, so maybe this is a new beginning for me? Who knows...

Can't say I've heard of those books, but after Good faeries/Bad Faeries, I'll definitely check them out. I've also seen something called I think it was "Lady Cottingly's Book of Pressed Flower Faeries". Any thoughts on that?
The Fey Tarot by LS is also a great tarot deck. Very intuitive, original and refreshing yet at the same time follows RWS meanings.

I never got the "Lady Cottingham's Book of Pressed Faeries." It just never drew me in. But as I have not owned or read it I do not feel that I can give you an accurate opinion on it.

Aximili

I had a quick look through it, but I can't say it blew me away like Good Faeries/Bad Faeries did.

I've just had a look at the Fae Tarot, but it left me cold. I find the Mystic Faerie more appealing. Thank you for the suggestion though :)