the faeires talk to me even without the deck

Little Baron

SunChariot said:
Like if you wanted to get to know a person in real life, would you ask them things about themselves and talk to them or ask someone else? ... And I thought of how I would feel if all anyone could know of me was a one page excerpt in a book.

You have hit the nail on the head there, Bar. I think that that is a great way of looking at things, whatever deck you are using - oracle or tarot. I do like to read up about the symbolism and history of the decks I use (a lot of them are ancient or historical - it is just an interest thing, really) but when you have pictures such as this, I think that often, spending time with them is all you need. I think I am right in remembering that the book that goes with the FO suggests that kind of approach.

Thanks for your wise words ... I will keep them in mind when I work and study with the decks I am using at the present time.

LB

SunChariot

LittleBuddha said:
You have hit the nail on the head there, Bar. I think that that is a great way of looking at things, whatever deck you are using - oracle or tarot. I do like to read up about the symbolism and history of the decks I use (a lot of them are ancient or historical - it is just an interest thing, really) but when you have pictures such as this, I think that often, spending time with them is all you need. I think I am right in remembering that the book that goes with the FO suggests that kind of approach.

Thanks for your wise words ... I will keep them in mind when I work and study with the decks I am using at the present time.

LB

Glad to help whenever I can. :) Although this time, the help came from the faeries. LOL All I did was put into words what they had taught me.

Bar

Little Baron

Very good words!!! - they made a lot of sense to me. There are always so many discussions about either reading books or listening to the cards - I usually go with a little of both. I read with the Marseille at the moment and there is little available material, apart from what I read here and on the internet about them in English, so your 'message from the faeries' is a good boost to my confidence - to go ahead and see what I can get from the pictures, as apose to what 'someone else has told me'.

Thanks again
LB

SunChariot

LittleBuddha said:
Very good words!!! - they made a lot of sense to me. There are always so many discussions about either reading books or listening to the cards - I usually go with a little of both. I read with the Marseille at the moment and there is little available material, apart from what I read here and on the internet about them in English, so your 'message from the faeries' is a good boost to my confidence - to go ahead and see what I can get from the pictures, as apose to what 'someone else has told me'.

Thanks again
LB

With my Tarot I tend to use both. First I look at the image for all the meaning there, then I suplement it with the book meaning. But for me anyway my own analysis has always been by far the most important part.

And that is why I like about having 12 decks. Each has such differenet imagery. And I alternate decks enough that each time a card comes up I don't remember anymore what I saw in it last time. :) Works better for me like that.

Although my faeries today did not even want me to look at the book meanings at all.

Bar