Missing Card from my new "Faeries' Oracle" =(

Emily

Have you gone back to the store yet? Take a copy of this email with you to show the manager of the shop. You've paid good money for a defective item which the shop supplied to you and as a purchaser you have rights.

The Hanged Man

The shop refused to exchange my copy coz I didn't open & count it there and then.

I am disgusted to read this! Unless you had taken them home and opened them, then how were you to know that there was a card missing?

You should not be expected to have to open a deck of cards at a shop counter, it is very rare that this happens and you should not expect it too.

I once bought the Spiral Tarot, only to discover that The Lovers was missing. When I took them back to the shop, the manager tried to say that I could not return them because I had opened them, but I reasoned, that how was I supposed to know that there was a card missing unless they had been opened. Of course, they had no choice but to let me swap them. If they hadn't have let me swap them, I would have got Trading Standards involved, which are an agency in the UK that you can approach so that businesses cannot con you in ways like this. This would have been illegal in the UK.

Is there no agency in Hong-Kong that protects the interests of consumers against unfair businesses? I hope there is.

If the unreasonable shop will not replace this deck, and you cannot get a third party involved on your behalf, then the next best thing that you can do is contact the publisher, Simon & Schuster, send them the oracle backa nd ask for a replacement. These publishers are British, so given UK trading Standards laws, and British culture, I imagine that the publishers would be more than happy to replace the deck for you as well as giving you a note of apology. Explain to then your situation that the shop would not replace the deck for you, which I'm sure they'll agree is unreasonable.

Here is the postal address:

Martin Books,
88 Regent Street,
Cambridge,
CB2 1DP,
United Kingdom.

Here is their e-mail:

martinbooks@simonandschuster.co.uk

Best of luck in getting this deck replaced, as is deserved.

In the unlikely event that the publishers should refuse to replace this deck, contact Trading Standards:

www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

Don't give up until the deck has been replaced, you are owed a complete deck, as payed for.

Good luck. ;)

xxx

The Hanged Man

If the publishers say that it isn't their responsibiltity, then I will contact them on your behalf as well, hopefully, other members of this community will be willing to do the same - eventually we will hound them into replacing your deck! If they are publishing imperfect decks, and it is considered okay in Hong Kong not to replace imperfect items in shops, then the responsibility is with the publisher!!!

celticnoodle

i agree with all who posted babyJo--it is awful that the store/and publisher would not replace your deck. And I think the Hanged Man has offered good advice---if you do not get any help from Simon & Schuster, let us know here at A.T. and then we can also email them on your behalf to let them know how iresponsible they are in taking care of their customers. good luck babyJo.

Jewel

BabyJo sorry to hear about your missing card. Hanged Man you rock! I hope you are able to help her contacting the publisher. If I were in the UK I would help out as well, alas I am not. What I can share is a great story where the publisher did not only replace a "marred card" (had an ink blotch), they sent me a whole new deck without me sending anything in. As a rule, the publishers are fantastic and that is the route I would recommend you take. Good luck, and may your Journeyman find his way home to you.

babyJo

Thanks for all the replies!!! REALLY, I'm so touched by them, i ought to pay for the annual fees and thanks for such a great forum.

Anyway, sorry for writing back so late. I was away for a while... the story is..
I have NO reply from "Simon & Schuster" after 3emails. Yes, NON.. NO reply at all! I have send one again today and I hope it will not get lost in their system again.

I did went back to the store and talked to the manager. He said that is nothing he can do coz it is the big "SALE" period and they have this clear sign saying that "NO RETURN, check all the products before payment" YUP, this is Hong Kong.. we don't have somewhere we could complain that. No one will care for a poor girl Tarot deck has one missing card. I can't really sent it back to the UK pulisher coz it will cost me more then the deck for postage.

I was so silly, I saw that the deck was wrapped..NEW. Was so excited to find such a bargain so I grapped it and ran home. I'm feel better about it now, don't wanna get too upset over it. It is after all a great deck and may be I needed to look into what the missing card might mean. Other than that I can't see what else I could do ..you know...

Blessing
~Jo

babyJo

The Hanged Man said:
These publishers are British, so given UK trading Standards laws, and British culture, I imagine that the publishers would be more than happy to replace the deck for you as well as giving you a note of apology. Explain to then your situation that the shop would not replace the deck for you, which I'm sure they'll agree is unreasonable.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Hanged Man!

I only come to know that I've been emailing the USA publishers. May be I ought to contact the UK division instead. SILLY ME...

THANKS, off to email them now.. "fingers crossed"

HUG
~Jo

LixiPixi

Hi babyjo - what a rotten situation you're in! I've read through all the responses that you've received and since no one else has mentioned it, if nothing else, you could always post a trade or wanted post for the same deck. Maybe - just maybe someone out there has two journeymen! If not, maybe it's a deck that they simply don't want anymore and you could trade for it? Thus, you'd have the card you need and a whole bunch of extras as a backup! hehe You could use the extras to make a decoupage oracle box or who knows....the possibilities are unlimited :D

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

LP~

ana luisa

I know you´re trying for a new card but in case you can´t get it, there´s a thread here at AT called 'Lost and Found Cards Singles Bar" where people exchange cards. You may find the one you´re looking for. Anyway, good luck!!

elviefae

There may be someone in the Yahoo group that has an extra. I get that list but haven't been active on it. This has come up before tho on there and sometimes a member on the list will have an extra. If ever I see this deck at a bargain price, I'm think I'm gonna grab it just to split up. Good luck, I hope you are able to find a replacement.