Artists that you would like to have made Tarot decks, but never did :(

Laura Borealis

Naomi Nowak. (Facebook) (Comics)

It would be a beautiful, dreamy tarot. I asked her once if she has ever thought about doing a tarot, and she said she has, but she doesn't feel like she knows enough to do it justice. I can respect that.

Morwenna

Theresa Mather! I just saw her this past weekend and I forgot to put a flea in her ear.

Morwenna

Wow!! That's right up there with M.C. Escher! :bugeyed:

dorfmeister

Seriously? I still have an old Zap Comix magazine, and it is vulgar in the extreme. I don't think it's either of the two for which he was the sole artist, though. In the same vein, Gilbert Shelton (creator of super-hero Wonder Wart-hog and the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers) is another "underground comics" artist who could put out a stunningly vulgar deck.

Of course I'm serious. Crumb is a genius. He would most likely create an irreverent deck that would skewer some sacred cows. I think he could create a very thoughtful deck. Crumb goes way beyond vulgarity.

dorfmeister

Jim Woodring

I'd also like to see Grant Morrison collaborate with an artist of his choice on a deck and book set.

Philistine

Of course I'm serious. Crumb is a genius. He would most likely create an irreverent deck that would skewer some sacred cows. I think he could create a very thoughtful deck. Crumb goes way beyond vulgarity.

Yeah, Crumb was by no means just some cheap panderer. He is a divisive artist in today's PC world, but his universe of burlesque urbania cluttered with endless detail would be perfectly suited to the tarot medium and popped into my mind while reading this thread.

I'd be a fan of Gregory Crewdson, Edward Hopper, Alexander McQueen costumery, Saul Bass, Erte, Beardsley, Tenniel, Maxfield Parrish, and a dozen others echoed in the previous pages.

Jennifer Moon

Aubrey Beardsley, hands down. That would have been a gorgeous deck. In black and white, of course. His art just makes my heart skip a beat...