The AT Frankenstein Patchwork deck

gregory

I have a very odd Ace pentacles with a calendar for 2005 on the back.... if you are desperate !

This one:

http://www.naipescomas.com/catalogo/besp/esp-1.jpg - oversized, too. Trimmable in the extreme. Trimmed, you would have the calender fitting the remaining card....

Le Fanu

Gregory already offered a Spiral early in the proceedings and then decided it would be too small. But maybe we should take it? What do you reckon? Shall we take it?

Go on, lets! I can always trim the sides if it is a bit too squat. It is a mismatched Frankenstein deck after all.

I shall be brazen and say - yes! - nisaba is in!

Nice idea about the diary. We also thought about postcards. Everyone puts a postcard in for every card they contribute (maybe of local landmarks? :)). And writes sweet nothings on the postcard. Anything really...

Le Fanu

gregory said:
I have a very odd Ace pentacles with a calendar for 2005 on the back.... if you are desperate !

This one:

http://www.naipescomas.com/catalogo/besp/esp-1.jpg - oversized, too. Trimmable in the extreme. Trimmed, you would have the calender fitting the remaining card....
I have one of these but it's from a conventional Spanish playing cards deck, not tarot (and mine has a calendar from 2009, so a bit more up to date ;))

I'm gonna put nisaba's Knight of Pentacles in!

Cat*

nisaba said:
Also, has anyone suggested the idea that the final deck could be sent out with a blank diary around everyone who participated, to do one reading, record it in the diary, then send it onwards, so the deck has real history as a working deck when it finds its final home?
I actually like this even better than the postcard idea. I'd ask for a relatively small diary, though, so shipping costs would be bearable for everyone involved. Or we go all digital on this one and make it happen in a special thread here on AT. That would be cheapest (if sadly un-tangible), and everyone would get to see every postcard/reading/whatever. Otherwise the poor early receivers lose out on much of the fun.

But I'm fine leaving the final decision about these things to you as the coordinator of the "Frankendecken: Tarot of the 78 Spares" (another vote for the title from me, by the way).

If you're desperate for a final card, I could still draw one on one of the blanks I have and we could declare it a representative of the A. Nonny Mouse Deck. Or maybe we could get one of the original creators of the still-missing cards to re-draw one of their designs? :)

Celice

Cat* said:
I actually like this even better than the postcard idea. I'd ask for a relatively small diary, though, so shipping costs would be bearable for everyone involved.

I already suggested a journal go around, but I thought we were going for the postcard idea because they are lighter weight than a journal would be? I still think the postcard idea is a good way to go... And it can have a picture on it that represents the different places we are all from.

jcwirish

Le Fanu said:
Wonderful, jcwirish! It's one per deck and we don't have the Feng Shui represented! Would you like to choose one of these?

2 of Wands
7 of Wands
Knight of Wands
10 of Cups
Queen of Cups
Ace of Pentacles
Knight of Pentacles
King of Pentacles

Have a look at the cards you've got and see which is the most beautiful!

Okay, I think I'll donate an Ace of Cups. It's called Green Dragon in this deck.

thorhammer

Le Fanu said:
Thank you, but doesn't really help coz then I'd have a hole where your Mythic was (4 of Pentacles!) :)
I can plug almost any hole with the Mystic Meg, just let me know. I know that someone else had a Temperance, so if that's still on the table I'm happy to switch around as well :) I only specified Temperance coz it's my favourite card :)

\m/ Kat

zan_chan

thorhammer said:
I can plug almost any hole with the Mystic Meg, just let me know. I know that someone else had a Temperance, so if that's still on the table I'm happy to switch around as well :) I only specified Temperance coz it's my favourite card :)

Ditto on the Haindl. I haven't begun my little project yet, so anything you could need is available if you'd like to pull the ol' switcheroo...

Brigid

If you do get stuck I have a spare 6 of swords from the Kurmay.

Plus I have almost all of the remaining cards from the Inner Child, I know it's much bigger but with some careful trimming it could be done.

Oddity said:
Not sure if it helps, but... If you need to do some puzzling around in the end to make things fit, and somebody else has a spare Six of Swords or Ace of Wands to give, let me know and I can change my cards.

strings of life

Brigid said:
I think Frankendecken, Tarot of the 78 Spares is a great name! :thumbsup:
Best name ever!