Interesting tarot pairs

Fostha

Jenny_writer said:
I did a reading for a guy with these two cards:

Four of swords, five of pentacles.

He had gone to jail and had no money for bail, he lost his job.

Then the tower turned up.

Poor guy.

I told him something positive.

"It can't get too much worse than this, so it has to get better from here." LOL

Im real suprised the tower didn't show up first here,would make much more sense wouldn't it.;)
I've always loved to see the tower,as unexpected as it's been whenever it's appeared,i've always found it's really helped me to make sense of whats really important and what isn't,and i seem to get a real sense of de-termination from it when i see it.
I hope it gets better from here for him too,my lifes certainly improved immensely since that card first showed up.:)

The Fish

Just got 8 wands - 3 cups, and thought, time flies by when you're having fun!
xx

margee

Hi,

I recently had a very successful (though very upsetting) reading - an accident on or near water. Today I did a "retrospective" reading, changing the layout of the Celtic Cross because the original layout was "bugging me". Everything then became crystal clear, step-by-step to what happened. After considering each individual card I gradually pieced it all together, i.e. knight of cups (a boat); 8 pentacles (my husband working on the boat; 6 swords (the boat was in the water); Ace of Pentacles - a "missile"; Ace of cups - something containing liquid (the gas bottle!); Tower (the explosion); Sun (my husband - "Dad" because the original reading was for our son - my husband, luckily, had come back home doing a job for me after I had nagged him); the 9 pentacles stopped me in my tracks - I had once used "balloons" as one of the explanations of the pentacles - and then the "eureka" moment - debris (from the explosion) which caused his friend to have eye injuries (an eye injury had appeared in a previous reading which had also referred to the same accident on water); the chariot (along with the 6 swords) "boat" - and followed by the High Priestess (the Tarot reader - and "Mum") My husband, incidentally, was doing woodwork on the boat; the explosion had nothing to do with him! His friend, as we speak, only lost some of his sight - thank God - and is still recovering. An extremely lucky man who could easily have been killed! Had my husband been on the boat, he would have been on the floor doing woodwork right above the explosion. I thank God I nagged him that day!

Despite the horror story I thought it was probably the most accurate reading ever!

Suffice to say, I am extremely careful examining the cards now - especially when the Tower shows itself!

Marg

Gloria Jean

That's very interesting. I'm doing an in depth study of the tower and the many different meanings it might have in combination with other cards.

I would like to know how you interpreted the knight of cups as a boat and the ace of pentacles as a missile.

margee

Hello Jenny,

Gosh I have been doing the Tarot since the late 70's. Trial and error, research etc. One thing that I only realised today - because, as I said the original reading was a different CC layout - was the fact that the Sun card was followed by the Tower "EXPLOSIVE SITUATIONS AROUND A FATHER FIGURE!" Thankfully the first time that particular combination has ever appeared. I also have over 70 Tarot books - and have been especially interested in Tarot combinations for many years - something I have found a lot of Tarot readers don't use! After laying the cards out I then followed each card in succession. I already knew the Ace of Pentacles with the Tower was "ballistics" so then looking at the following card, the Ace of Cups, realised that the cups, being a "container" for liquids - and gas being a liquid - suddenly made sense to me! Also, as I said, I was confused with regard to the 9 of Pentacles - and then figured out it must have been debris from the explosion - which injured my husband's friend!

Regards

Marg

psha85

Hi-

I am having trouble interpreting the advice of the following reading so just wondering if some experts here could help me out? My question was if I start initiating more contact with the guy I like if things would get better between us (it's a really complicated situation but he has dropped several hints he wants to be pursued in a relationship.. initially he was pursuing me but it seems like now he wants me to do it). I got the following (I guess this can be interpreted past-present-future reading):

1st card: 10 of swords
2nd card: 9 of wands
3rd card: Page of wands
4th card (I asked for an overall gist of the reading): The Devil

Now, I would interpret this to mean that I should persevere despite obstacles and take assertive action (maybe even in a creative way?) so that I don't let this situation or person control me and what I want to do. Am I on the right track??

Please let me know your insights. Thanks!!

*Pooja*

mechantfemme

obeygravity said:
I feel like this could actually be women who could become the best of friends or the worst of enemies. Someone who goes almost purely by what their head says versus someone who's driven by their heart ...

Definitely me and my best friend.... Living together didn't work out though. Haha.

Luna_Star

I had an interesting one come up:

World + Tower = my world's crashing down?

Gloria Jean

Luna_Star said:
I had an interesting one come up:

World + Tower = my world's crashing down?

I wouldn't say that. But I would say that you are leaving one phase and you will be going into another one.

The past is gone. Nothing you can do about that. It may seem like "your world" but the truth is that the past does not exist.

It is better to live in the light, and know the truth.

That would be my reading.

Gloria Jean

psha85 said:
Hi-

I am having trouble interpreting the advice of the following reading so just wondering if some experts here could help me out? My question was if I start initiating more contact with the guy I like if things would get better between us (it's a really complicated situation but he has dropped several hints he wants to be pursued in a relationship.. initially he was pursuing me but it seems like now he wants me to do it). I got the following (I guess this can be interpreted past-present-future reading):

1st card: 10 of swords
2nd card: 9 of wands
3rd card: Page of wands
4th card (I asked for an overall gist of the reading): The Devil

Now, I would interpret this to mean that I should persevere despite obstacles and take assertive action (maybe even in a creative way?) so that I don't let this situation or person control me and what I want to do. Am I on the right track??

Please let me know your insights. Thanks!!

*Pooja*

The devil represents a master-slave relationship and bondage to material things. It can also mean a relationship that plays games of control. I cringe when I read your question because it sounds so much like some kind of game you and he are playing.

The ten of swords is the woe is me card, depicting an ending or depression. The nine of wands tells you to be alert for the next challenge (probably in the game he is playing.) Page of wands hints that someone needs to love themself a little more, perhaps a case of low self esteem.

You have to make your own decisions, but the devil advises that you give up self defeating behaviors, bad habits, and negative thinking if you want to improve your situation.

Being attached to the outcome is what places you in bondage. You can defeat these patterns with the power of your imagination and your will. Use it to take you in a new direction and free yourself from worrying about it. Stop playing games. Either you guys like each other or you don't. Stop wasting time. Be direct about it.