Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Bohemian Gothic Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

greatdane 
The Lone Crone

Thanks, Aurarcana!

I appreciate that feedback! And DITTO! I was wondering how the deck would read for me (even though I thought it was soo great before I even got it! I didn't have any other BG's before the pewter!) and am enjoying it immensely. It is a different read for me than some other RWS, but then I expected and wanted that! I will indeed try to follow along and for right now am going to go in and start reading all your thoughts! :-)))

GD

Old 20-09-2010     Top   #121
strings of life 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane
I appreciate that feedback! And DITTO! I was wondering how the deck would read for me (even though I thought it was soo great before I even got it! I didn't have any other BG's before the pewter!) and am enjoying it immensely. It is a different read for me than some other RWS, but then I expected and wanted that! I will indeed try to follow along and for right now am going to go in and start reading all your thoughts! :-)))

GD
. Likewise about the readability factor. I went into this study thinking I wouldn't focus on just this deck, but it is the only one I have been using, save for some other decks that I am using in the Reading Exchange circles. For some reason, right now, I just want to take in everything about this deck in order. That may change. I have two pewters, but one has two badly damaged cards (ruined corners - eek! due to packaging), so I am keeping my one study deck in order. I plan on getting a standard 2nd. edition, so when that comes, I can shuffle the pewter and use the standard to study with. I also have the 1st edition kit on the way with the deck and book, which will make for some great reading and deck comparisons .

I am reading the images--creating stories with the cards. I am using background knowledge of course, but am truly trying to read what I see. There are so many layers - love it.

I am quite smitten right now. Indeed. The Dark Sister has taken me.
strings of life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010     Top   #122
OctoberGwen 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurarcana
There are so many layers - love it.

I am quite smitten right now. Indeed. The Dark Sister has taken me.
Yes, she is something, isn't she?

I'm enjoying reading all your thoughts. The BoGo is like no other.

Old 20-09-2010     Top   #123
BelovedK 
Citizen

The Dark Sister has really taken me too

I have been a bit behind, but need to catch up with the four of Wands, and the Five, and The World (another favorite, thanks aurarcana)

I hole a small lunch hour class tomorrow, and if no one shows I will use the time to study (sadly, it is not always crowded at that hour)

Old 20-09-2010     Top   #124
strings of life 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberGwen
Yes, she is something, isn't she?

I'm enjoying reading all your thoughts. The BoGo is like no other.
Oh, she is. I just never saw the deck that way and now that I do, I can see how it may become an emotional one for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK
The Dark Sister has really taken me too

Quote:
I have been a bit behind, but need to catch up with the four of Wands, and the Five, and The World (another favorite, thanks aurarcana)

I hole a small lunch hour class tomorrow, and if no one shows I will use the time to study (sadly, it is not always crowded at that hour)
No rush and take your time .
Old 21-09-2010     Top   #125
BelovedK 
Citizen

Well.... no one showed It was my Creative Fusion (through Tarot) class, and I did get to really ponder the cards while I waited, will post after I get my kids from school

I am keeping this Pewter 2nd Ed deck in order for now, and once I am ready, I will start using it. ITM, I have the 1st Ed. Wow though, if only people had of known we were going to use the BG deck for our inspiration this week, they would've showed up :-/

Old 21-09-2010     Top   #126
strings of life 
Citizen

Quote:
Well.... no one showed It was my Creative Fusion (through Tarot) class, and I did get to really ponder the cards while I waited, will post after I get my kids from school

I am keeping this Pewter 2nd Ed deck in order for now, and once I am ready, I will start using it. ITM, I have the 1st Ed. Wow though, if only people had of known we were going to use the BG deck for our inspiration this week, they would've showed up :-/
If they only knew...

I'll post a few Minors tomorrow. I knew this week was going to be crazy .

ETA: I have the last batch of cards (5,6,7,8) all written up and just need to type them!

Last edited by strings of life; 26-09-2010 at 03:48.
Old 23-09-2010     Top   #127
BelovedK 
Citizen

Just want to say that I am still here, was waylaid for a couple of days due to some distressing personal things I am going to turn to the Dark Sister today though, and catch up

Old 27-09-2010     Top   #128
strings of life 
Citizen

Quote:
Just want to say that I am still here, was waylaid for a couple of days due to some distressing personal things I am going to turn to the Dark Sister today though, and catch up
. See, this is why dates aren't important . My 1st edition and book should be here anyday now too. Plus, I'm still waiting for replacement cards for my back-up pewter. When they come, I can shuffle the other deck!

Work should be less crazy this week, which means I'll be more relaxed at night.

ETA: Life has been crazy. I am still using the deck (at least viewing the cards every day), but the Study Group has sadly become a chore again. We'll see what happens .

Last edited by strings of life; 12-10-2010 at 10:42.
Old 27-09-2010     Top   #129
KawKat 
Resident

Bohemian Gothic Tarot study group

Hi, is this still an active group? it appears that it has been several years since there was any activity?
KawKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017     Top   #130
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today