Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Bohemian Gothic Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

firefrost 
Carpathian Dream

No, Karen, you're not in trouble, this is the sign-up thread, I believe.

I've posted my view on The Fool, and Sulis put it where it should be.

Hang on, I'll get the link.

ETA http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=90510

If you go and read, be gentle with me!

'Everyone's a critic' - jackdaw*

SOOD

Keeper of the Spicey Wedges
Keeper of the Application Forms

Last edited by firefrost; 29-12-2007 at 01:36.
firefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #21
Master_Margarita 
Citizen

I'm definitely in for this one, though active participation will have to wait until my deck actually falls into my clutches.

--Mikhail Bulgakov, Master and Margarita

IDS: Fairytale (MRP) Oracle: Deck of Curious Design
Master_Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #22
baba-prague 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulis
Hi Karen,

This is the sign up thread, you didn't post in the wrong place.
The link I gave earlier on in this thread is to the Bohemian Gothic Tarot Study Group index thread - an index of threads in this group: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread...74#post1299674

And the latest link I gave was to the Tarot Study Group guidelines to help those who haven't posted in Tarot Study Groups before; this forum can be a bit confusing for those new to study groups: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=32949
Thanks Sulis. I honestly think my brain is still in deepest holiday mode!

Tarot of Prague
Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot
Fairytale Tarot
Fantastic Menagerie Tarot
Victorian Flower Oracle
Victorian Romantic Tarot
Bohemian Gothic Tarot
Alice Tarot - 2013
baba-prague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #23
Embla 
Citizen

I would love to join. I just did my first reading for somebody else with the BG Silver, and the Danse Macabre came up. I need to learn so much more about that card! I have posted the reading in Personal Readings if anyone is interested.
Embla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #24
Promise 
Citizen

I'd love to be involved, but alas, my deck still hasn't arrived. Amazon says it's not due to ship until January 14th, and that makes me sad. Maybe it'll ship out earlier than that. I hope so, at least.

I will most definitely lurk the study group and see what kinds of things you guys come up with, though.

Jamie Paolinetti
Promise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #25
faunabay 
Citizen

I've just realized something about myself and study groups. While I like the thought of it and want to do it...... once I sit down with one particular card to study there are so many things that jump out at me all at once that I can't get a clear picture in my mind as to what it says to me.

It seems that when I am doing a reading with a question and other cards to apply the one card to I'm fine. It sort of narrows the focus for me. But when I sit down and try to do the study group my mind just goes blank.....well actually not blank there's just so much there that it overwhelms my mind, then it goes blank.

This is just a personal observation I've recently realized about myself. I need that focus to read the cards well. I think if someone (even doing it for myself) were to say for example, what does the card show in regards to.....whatever - pick a thought? I could come up with something. But to just go at it wide open I go blank. hmmm.....

Old 08-01-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #26
Master_Margarita 
Citizen

faunabay, maybe think of a study group card as a one-card reading?

I do a daily draw and my musings about my card or the day sometimes sound kind of study-groupish to my ears.

ETA: Although it's certainly true, and your point is well-taken, that the cards acquire a richer meaning in context.

M_M~

--Mikhail Bulgakov, Master and Margarita

IDS: Fairytale (MRP) Oracle: Deck of Curious Design
Master_Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #27
faunabay 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Margarita
faunabay, maybe think of a study group card as a one-card reading?
Oh that's a great idea! Thank you. I'll try that and see if it clears some of the mishmash of thoughts that go through my head all at once.

Maybe I can come up with something like "what does this card have to say right now?" That way I won't try and come up with every single thing I see, but can focus on certain things. hmmmm..... Good idea!

Old 08-01-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #28
nicki 
Citizen

Wink

Count me in, will get started asap.

nicki

Old 09-01-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #29
RubyV 
Citizen

I'm in for the study group.

Are others still interested, or all we all so seduced by her dark beauty that we just sit there playing with her for hours?

Old 12-01-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #30
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today