Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Bohemian Gothic Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

Grizabella 
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

I love it, too. I thought it was different, but wasn't quite sure.

Click this link to book a reading.

~Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.~Rumi
Grizabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2008     Top   #41
baba-prague 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Haunted Days
Yes, Karen mentioned it's new cardstock, though I also believe she said the BBC Gold was printed on this same cardstock. Not sure that's right though, either way I have the BBC Gold...and the BG's cardstock feels weighter, thicker and more substantial to me than the BBC Gold.

I personally love this new cardstock!! It's weighter in your hand, and I love how it shuffles.....if you take the VR and BG and compare....there's quite a difference....it isn't slight.
Yes, it's a new cardstock - and yes, it's the same as on the BBCats Gold. Funny that it feels different - that could, I suppose, be psychological, or it could be some weird side-effect of the card stock being stored for half a year waiting for the BG to be printed - perhaps it's like wine, it improves with ageing . This stock is, in theory, the same weight (I will check that, but if there is a difference it's very slight) as all our other decks - but the "same" stock from a different supplier/maker does come out very distinct.

Tarot of Prague
Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot
Fairytale Tarot
Fantastic Menagerie Tarot
Victorian Flower Oracle
Victorian Romantic Tarot
Bohemian Gothic Tarot
Alice Tarot - 2013
baba-prague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2008     Top   #42
Greywoolfe 
Citizen

I love the personality of this deck. I've used it on a couple of occasions when I needed insight into sad or tragic situations, and it came across as warm, reassuring, yet open and honest. It tells you exactly what you need to know, but in a reassuring way, unlike the Thoth, which can be blunt and sometimes cold in the process. I suppose because of the romantic and tragic themes of the source materials, it's more able to empathise with someone who is experiencing sad things...

"Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children." - Native American proverb
Greywoolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2008     Top   #43
baba-prague 
Citizen

We experienced a difficult and sad year last year - while we were making the deck (a family death that set in train a lot of very hard stuff). I suppose that that is reflected in the way it came out - hopefully it's not a harsh deck, but rather one that confronts some of the things we often try not to have to see.

Tarot of Prague
Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot
Fairytale Tarot
Fantastic Menagerie Tarot
Victorian Flower Oracle
Victorian Romantic Tarot
Bohemian Gothic Tarot
Alice Tarot - 2013
baba-prague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008     Top   #44
Greywoolfe 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba-prague
We experienced a difficult and sad year last year - while we were making the deck (a family death that set in train a lot of very hard stuff). I suppose that that is reflected in the way it came out - hopefully it's not a harsh deck, but rather one that confronts some of the things we often try not to have to see.
That's the beauty of the deck, the fct that it's open, honest but not harsh. It seems to say things in the way that a trusted relative or loved one would do- telling the truth, but not in a hurtful way, if you can see what I'm driving at.

"Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children." - Native American proverb
Greywoolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008     Top   #45
Grizabella 
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Speaking of the card stock again, it's much stiffer than the VR so it's quite an experience to go from shuffling the VR to shuffling the BG. My VR is so broken in now that it's like shuffling fabric, almost. Very flexible and wonderful. I can't imagine the BG ever getting that flexible.

Click this link to book a reading.

~Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.~Rumi
Grizabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008     Top   #46
Djcooler 
Citizen

Anyone else think that the Hierophant is a little too sick and tired of his job in this deck. Looking at it, my first thought of him was that he was thinking "My God. Don't you ever listen? I tell you the same thing over and over and I'm sick of it!" It was my first reading with this deck last night and that was my first impression.

Old 23-04-2008     Top   #47
Teacups 
Citizen

I think the hierophant looks like I used to in school--slumped over, thinking "how much LONGER til the bell rings and I can get OUTTA HERE". Like he's stuck inside when he'd rather be somewhere else, his posture is a bit beaten down, resigned and a little resentful...

Old 28-04-2008     Top   #48
bumble bee 
Resident

bohemian gothic tarot

I sometimes get in the mood for something a little dark so I picked up this deck. I love the blues and purples and the Victorian images. I have to say some things in it hit me in a way that makes me laugh. I need that when I am feeling depressed. Its moody but campy at the same time.
bumble bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008     Top   #49
Alisa13 
Citizen

Better late than never?

Hello All
I've just joined the AT forums and have been enjoying reading everyone's posts.
I especially love the Bohemian Gothic Tarot and am thrilled to find a whole study group devoted to it.
I had a friend of mine bring a BG deck to a Tarot Study group I was in and I couldn't stop looking at the cards. They are hypnotic, beautiful and carry a lot of emotion and meaning with them. Truly artistic and heartfelt.
Alisa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008     Top   #50
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today