The 'Shabby Chicness Lenormand' deck...is finished and available...

LadyZelda

I am in love....

I have to post again....I just doubled check that the number I typed was really of the version I loved, so I clicked again on #5 and when it popped up again I just went:

Wow! AWESOME! I definitely love that version of the Lenormand "Fish Card"...If it goes on like that, that deck is soon going to be my favorite among all my Lenormand! :D

LadyZelda

The Birds Card

I was re-looking at the other cards and so I looked at the Birds. And I noticed that it seems it is not showing the Shabby Chic as much as the others do.

The birds and the bird bath are great, but the background somewhat doesn't reflect the same spirit as the other backgrounds.

Could it be possible to keep everything the way it is but frame the scene with a white garden arch with climbing roses on it?

celticnoodle

WOW! I've missed alot here, Lyn! You've been busy!!!

This one is a lovely Blue Jay that my hubby rescued after it flew into a glass door. He nursed it so lovingly until it flew from his hands and landed in this tree. We wept, we were so happy--The bird had been out cold for quite a while..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49470782@N03/7348850720/in/photostream
oh MoonGypsy, that blue jay is gorgeous! and lucky that your hubby happened to be there to help him. We have some very bright red cardinals here, (were you the one who also mentioned cardinals???) that are gorgeous! they really stand out.

For me, regarding your fish card--my preferences are either the jelly fish, as they do look very lacy and interesting, as MG pointed out. There is just something magical about them. Or Version 5 picture of the fish that you posted in the group of pics. That one, with the fish in the fish bowl designed like a fish, :laugh: wow! the whole picture is just very chic, I think. If you do decide to go with the other fish pics--with the brightly colored fish, I, too, like the idea of a treasure chest with jewels and gold around it and in it, that the fish swim around. Those brightly colored fish are also gorgeous!

At any rate, Lyn, this is one deck I'm going to be interested in when it is published. I love this. it is how I'd prefer to decorate my house, however, living in an old farmhouse, first of all that sort of decor doesn't exactly 'work', :laugh: and my husband also has a say, and he'd think this is too 'foo-foo'. :p But, I love it. Can't wait to see the rest of your cards. :)

tarotlyn

My goodness, you have been busy, sis! :love: And i love your latest Fish cards sooo much, that it is going to be difficult to decide which one i like the very best!

hmmmmm....

Okay, this one is my first choice:

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=57404&d=1339310735

i like the green fish bowl, [a bit smaller]it real shows up the gold fish nicely...

However, this one is fascinating:

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=57406d=1339311026

The pic looks a wee bit distorted to me, though...kind of squished, if you know what i mean...
i think maybe the scale is a bit off...
Very, very interesting, though! :heart:
:heart: Sis, i did rework the green fish bowl and the fish...you can see below in the new photos...
The tall, out of perspective, tank, i also reworked...see below...
Thanks sis for your critique

I like Version 4 the best, or version 6 as well. I think these two fit better into your theme.
I think I prefer #4 since it has bigger fish.
:heart: garmonbozia, i took the fish you liked and i have reworked them...they are a little larger now...
...and i have added them to version #5 and posted a summary of all the versions below and
the new photos i worked...
:heart: Thank you so much for your comments, glad to see you here

She can probably make the fish bigger in #6 also.[but remember, they are gold fish!] [and/or make the bowl smaller]. i LOVE that green bowl! :D Very Shabby Chic...IMHO. It has character.
The big clear bowl, i don't care for as much..
:heart: Yep, sis, i did make the fish bigger...and the green bowl a little smaller...
shown in the photos below...

Ok, that was a bit hard at first because no matter what, many are to my liking. Thus, I focused on being objective and on fixing my attention upon the fact that we are talking about a card for a Lenormand deck. I imagined myself actually reading the card....In the end, one of them conquered me, as being “The” perfect fish card, and in the same time Shabby Chic style… The one that inspired me the most was #5.

The only thing that I wish was a bit different, would be the size of the gold fish...I think that this card needs them bigger; so that they become the main attraction, knowing that they are "the card".

I used to have 2 gold fish and boy, one of them grew real big! We had to buy a bigger aquarium! So I believe that the "fish shaped" bowl can easily contain at least one bigger gold fish. You would have room if you would put him more on the left, closer to the "tail" part of the bowl. You can put the 2nd fish somewhat bigger if possible. But, it would not be a problem if the 2 fish are of a different size; it was like that in real life for me...

:love: I just love the background of that card that is for me soooooo Shabby Chic and fits so perfect with the other cards you have made. It is for me the card that harmonizes the most with the style chosen for this version of the Lenormand.

I loved the #4 too, and in a way a simpler bowl might be more Shabby Chic, BUT....I surely have a weakness :love: for the fish shaped bowl :love: and as this is a Lenormand deck and on the top of that, the "Fish" Card; I think that emphasizing the theme of the card by having a "fish shaped" bowl would be perfect!

But that's me, I can't help it, even after pondering about it, I'm sold out to #5 thus I vote for #5!:D
:heart: LadyZelda, that is really an unusual fish bowl...but it does get the meaning of 'fish' across! LOL
...also it was one that is being seriously considered...you can see my summary below and
the new photos...i made this bowl a little bigger ...and 'changed the fish'...virtual fish tank cleaning and rearranging! :laugh:

I have to post again....I just doubled check that the number I typed was really of the version I loved, so I clicked again on #5 and when it popped up again I just went:

Wow! AWESOME! I definitely love that version of the Lenormand "Fish Card"...If it goes on like that, that deck is soon going to be my favorite among all my Lenormand! :D
:heart: Okay, LadyZelda...you can see it in the photos below...and i do hear you about
how you think this one fits in so well with 'both' the Lenormand fish and the Shabby Chic look.
See the photo below...what you think of it now?

I was re-looking at the other cards and so I looked at the Birds. And I noticed that it seems it is not showing the Shabby Chic as much as the others do.

The birds and the bird bath are great, but the background somewhat doesn't reflect the same spirit as the other backgrounds.

Could it be possible to keep everything the way it is but frame the scene with a white garden arch with climbing roses on it?
:heart: LadyZelda, hopefully i found a fix for the BIRDS card that you will like. i will post the
'new' 12. BIRDS card in my nest post because we are only allowed to post '5' photos per post!

WOW! I've missed alot here, Lyn! You've been busy!!!

oh MoonGypsy, that blue jay is gorgeous! and lucky that your hubby happened to be there to help him. We have some very bright red cardinals here, (were you the one who also mentioned cardinals???) that are gorgeous! they really stand out.

For me, regarding your fish card--my preferences are either the jelly fish, as they do look very lacy and interesting, as MG pointed out. There is just something magical about them. Or Version 5 picture of the fish that you posted in the group of pics. That one, with the fish in the fish bowl designed like a fish, wow! the whole picture is just very chic, I think. If you do decide to go with the other fish pics--with the brightly colored fish, I, too, like the idea of a treasure chest with jewels and gold around it and in it, that the fish swim around. Those brightly colored fish are also gorgeous!

At any rate, Lyn, this is one deck I'm going to be interested in when it is published. I love this. it is how I'd prefer to decorate my house, however, living in an old farmhouse, first of all that sort of decor doesn't exactly 'work', :laugh: and my husband also has a say, and he'd think this is too 'foo-foo'. :p But, I love it. Can't wait to see the rest of your cards.
:heart: Thank you, CN, for commenting, as you can see i have reworked most of the Fish card versions...below...
Thanks for commenting, CN...

We are 'hung up' on the FISH card...LOL ...i am now thinking that this card must have a
very special meaning for all of us that are trying to decide about it:

34. FISH card (other meanings)
This card also represents 'expansion,' 'independence,' and 'adventure'...and we are surely
have some of that going on in picking out this card :laugh:

Here is my summary and photos:

i can tell you all one thing...i will NEVER forget the meaning of the FISH card...ever...:laugh:

i think i am going to end up with several extra 'fish cards' for this deck LOL

How many 'likes' for the 34.FISH card versions:

Version 1:...One member likes (bright fish)
Version 4:...One member likes (clear bowl)
Version 7:...One member likes (has treasure chest)

These cards are tied:
version 2: Jelly-Fish............Two members like (will be an extra card)
version 5: Fish shaped bowl...Two members like
Version 6: Green bowl..........Two members like

So, i have reworked some of these

i hope we can narrow this down to one? What say ye all now? LOL
34. FISH card:
Photo...(3 photos.. A, B, and C)...(version 5) with slightly bigger 'fish shaped' bowl, and bigger different fish
Photo...(version 6) with slightly smaller bowl and bigger fish
Photo...(version 7) with only the tall fish tank...no furniture...but has the treasure chest

:heart: Lyn

ETA...REPLACED THIS IMAGE WITH ALL THE FINISHED FISH CARDS THAT WILL BE IN THIS DECK...

Attachments

• 34.FISH.7.FINAL.jpg
    34.FISH.7.FINAL.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 34.FISH.2.jpg
    34.FISH.2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 34.FISH.5.lz.jpg
    34.FISH.5.lz.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 95

tarotlyn

:heart: 12.BIRDS (version 2) card:

Photo...(for LadyZelda)...i added some Shabby Chi looking flowers at bottom
(tried a trellis at the top but looked too much like 'flowers' and it took away too much from the birds)

i do love this version of the Birds now. Do you like it now Ladyzelda? And everyone?

ETA...REPLACED THIS IMAGE WITH A FINISHED BIRD CARD THAT WILL BE IN THIS DECK...

Attachments

• 12.BIRDS.jpg
    12.BIRDS.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 119

celticnoodle

So, i have reworked some of these

i hope we can narrow this down to one? What say ye all now? LOL
34. FISH card:
Photo...(3 photos.. A, B, and C)...(version 5) with slightly bigger 'fish shaped' bowl, and bigger different fish
Photo...(version 6) with slightly smaller bowl and bigger fish
Photo...(version 7) with only the tall fish tank...no furniture...but has the treasure chest

now, I like photo A of version 5 and I also like the version 7 this way. in fact, since we are talking about the fish card, with it being about
Lyn said:
'expansion,' 'independence,' and 'adventure'
, I am thinking that version 7 here is the best fit.

MoonGypsy

Version 7 has really become the most attractive one for me....with Version 5 [probably A] as a close 2nd :love:

LadyZelda

Fish Card & Birds Card

Birds card:

The Shabby Chic flowers do help to harmonize the card with the others. Pity that the trellis didn't work out...somehow, it feels like something is missing but I can't figure out how it could be worked out. Unless….. [and don't feel obligated to try if it is too much trouble]… adding on the top of the card, like a "pearly curtain" (this is going to be hard to explain), you know these tiny white flowers, hanging down (really looks like a string of white pearls) I saw that at a wedding... It hangs like an uneven curtain, some strings shorter,(maybe like shorter where you have the title, they would be actually behind and fall shorter...) others longer (like in the corners and going shorter as they go toward the title)...and if after that the card looks too busy, maybe cutting a bit on the roses in the foreground like keeping the one upfront and removing or blurring those that wrap around on the back/left????

Fish Card:

I still :love: my Version 5 and for me it is the 5 B with the 3 gold fish...I went for the 3 because the symbolism of this number matches perfect with the meaning of the card...

But I have to admit that Version 7 reworked is gorgeous! And the "Adventure" part of the card is better seen in version 7. The first one was too busy and now it is in perfect balance.

Nonetheless, I still have a weakness for version 5 B :love:

LadyZelda

An idea for The Birds....

Still thinking about the Birds Card...An idea popped up, I was looking again and maybe the solution would be to leave less room at the bottom of the card, like bringing the Birds Bath lower (give some foreground but not as much) with still some Shabby Chic rose at the base of it...In that case the Birds would not be too close to the title and the "pearly/tiny flowers uneven white curtain on the top would hang just right. Like the composition would not be too busy, would retain depth but these birds would be "framed" in a Shabby Chic Style....

The thing is I wish I could show an image of what I see in my mind, it is really not easy to explain with words....If I could have been by your side, I would have sketch my idea...;)

MoonGypsy

Fish card

Okay, my final vote is for 7--the Fish tank--it is really gorgeous! And it evokes the meaning which sometimes is Abundance; Luxury; Excess...

But,i do like the Fish shaped bowl, now,too--5A or 5B.

You don't dare ask me about the bird card...[i am now having a totally different vision involving a shabby chic bird cage and a yellow bird. :p] Oi, i feel like we are going to drive our precious Lyn nutty. :eek: i am getting on my own nerves! :laugh: