the Chariot - Major #7

tarotbear

Now - this is a fun, fun, fun card! A great modern translation of an ancient image! If this doesn't get a smile out of your Querent - they must be dead! And it still means exactly what the card always means - having everything under control!

O.K., Lee - is this one entirely your doing, or did the artist have some input? LOL!

Lee

Entirely my doing. :)

-- Lee

VisionQuest

I originally liked this Chariot as well, however the more I use the deck the less it "feels" like the Chariot.

The other Chariot cards I've come across give me a feeling of strength and victory, this card is a guy on a skateboard with a couple of dogs, it doesn't give me a feeling of strengh or victory, and in the face of my feeling from other Chariot cards, it kind of makes this Chariot card seem weak and laughable.

One of the things I love about this deck is that it had modern images that I can easily relate to, so I like that about this card as well, however I still think I would prefer something that shows more strength, especially since I consider gay people in general to be "strong" people.

This is just a personal thing though, and the deck is still, by far, my favorite deck :)

tarotbear

I don't see this card as weak - I just see the image being taken into the 21st century. I mean -- who drives a chariot around anymore! Who owns two sphinxes? LOL!!!

Fulgour

It would be so great if someone could post a scan...
it's always difficult to discuss imagery in general :)

VisionQuest

Hi Fulgour,

I searched for a scan online and couldn't find one, so I will have to settle for a picture taken with my evil digital camera. It's a horrible pic, but hopefully it's better (and not actually worse, lol) than nothing at all. :)

You can see it here: http://geocities.com/tarotstuffs/gay

tarotbear

Fulgour said:
It would be so great if someone could post a scan...
it's always difficult to discuss imagery in general :)

You could just go out and buy the deck, You Know! LOL!!! Or get it from tarot garden! :smoker:

Fulgour

VisionQuest said:
Hi Fulgour, I searched for a scan online and couldn't find one, so I will have to settle for a picture taken with my evil digital camera. It's a horrible pic, but hopefully it's better (and not actually worse, lol) than nothing at all. :)
Hello VisionQuest, thanks for the very helpful scan.
I think any discussion in a study group forum is
greatly helped if we can also provide a card image.

tarotbear said:
You could just go out and buy the deck, You Know! LOL!!!
Now... who says I don't have a personal copy...? (or two!) ;)

Zephyros

A great card. Rahter than being solemn and powerful, its all about fun and not being afraid to take life on, whatever the consequences!