We're not finished are we???

SherryZoned

great Dark..What do you suggest?? I can not think of any excercises to do..

kelli

This is the first time ive even noticed there was a study group in the forum on Faeries Oracle - in fact, i had never even heard of them! this discussion group was pointed out to me by a friend who is also a regular here on aeclectic after i told her about these beautiful oracle cards that chose ME when i when to buy some tarot cards (i said i wasnt interested in oracle cards at this stage) - now i cant get enough of them!

They are soooo beautiful im almost too scared to use them!!

Im looking forward to joining you all in talking about them and learning heaps!!

Kelly :)

Little Baron

Don't Stop Yet!!!!

Hello Everyone

I have just got home, sat myself down on the floor and unravelled which looks like a really exciting deck. I have been reading tarot (the Morgan Greer mainly) for about five years or so, and even though I have a lot of good times studying it, looking through this oracle is like beginning something completely new and exciting all over again - so many faces to get to know, so many voices to listen to.

Don't stop yet!!! If there is room for another on the journey, let me on.

Look forward to talking to you all in the future.

Best wishes

Yaboot

Rhiannon

you're perfectly welcome! Can't wait to hear about your Fave, not-so-fave and universal cards!

R :)

Little Baron

Faves etc

I did the exercises today - some in the afternoon, and some this evening.
I did have a few as favourites at first but managed to narrow it down to one. I found it hard at first, but when I had chosen the final candidate, the more that I looked at it, the more it made sense to be my favourite. I chose 'Ffaff the Ffooter', a character I related to a quiet place for solitude, thought and a lack of disturbance.

My least favourite, being 'Luathas the Wild'. I think that with time, he will not be my least favourite but as I looked through the cards today, he seemed the opposite of what I needed at the moment. My universal card was 'Mikle a Muckle'.

There were so many cards in the deck that I liked, and as I have continued to work with them today, my likes and dislikes have changed and focused on different faeries.

I love the conventional tarot decks and the readings that I do with them but the intitial working with this oracle, using intuition and nothing else, is so exciting, open ended, and broad. Whatever other deck I buy, there are still a lot of fixed meanings that go with the cards and suits that are there. There is something nice about not having any kind of order, suits or constrictions in this oracle. I think it may even change the way that I look at other decks that I read for the better; enable me to read in a more open and fluid way.

I still havn't looked at the meanings of the cards for The Faeries Oracle. I have completed exercises up to the second part but have gone no further. Do I skip the meanings and work with the cards further in part three??? What did other readers of the oracle do? Where do I go from here?

Thanks

Yaboot

mooncat2

Hello there, Yaboot

Welcome to the group - things have been a bit slow lately and we'll have to make an effort to get going with some more exercises.

For now, you will see that there are three different threads, one for each of the first three cards - favourite, least favourite and universal.

Post your thoughts and feelings of each of your 3 cards in the approppriate thread without looking at the book.

I know you're going to love the Faeries - they pull no punches and are wonderful to read with. Have fun.

Love