faerie's oracle

rostie

mooncat2 said:
Rostie, my faeries 'borrow' my Druid Oracle cloth, too.

hey, so funny! then mine are not the only one, lol, there has to be something with that cloth :p

sara

WolfSpirit

I just got this deck. At first glance I thought: hmmmm, looks weird... then when I looked a bit closer I saw there was so much expression in these cards, not what you would expect when you think of faeries (unless you already know the deck of course).
I only glanced at the book briefly but it looks really intersting too.
So far I've just been playing with the cards before I went for my afternoon walk through the forest. It's not a particularly pretty forest and still lots of people around but after looking at this deck it looked like an enchanted wood with faeries behind every bush :D I will love this deck !!

Jewel

WolfSpirit come join our study group!!!! and DO NOT read the card interpretations before you read the front of the book and do the exercises. You will miss out if you do! Come join us the group is a lot of fun! You will learn to love this deck more than you can imagine ... there is a certain magic about it.

DarkElectric

I absolutely love them! They talk to me too! And stuff WILL disappear, only to reappear elsewhere, as you swear you hear a silvery giggle or two...

Violet Gargoyle

I am a fan of Froud and I love the artwork for these cards, but I have never tried to read with them, not really sure why. I guess I have more of a "LOOK AT ME" "oooh, pretty" report with them.

Kyrielle

I'm a relative newcomer to this deck, and I love it. I got it last month after seeing everyone's rave reviews of it. I have heard of friendships that seem like the people have known each other forever even though they just met. This is the first time for me it's happened with a deck. The characters looked familiar the first time I looked at them -- then I read that Froud worked for Henson and designed for Dark Crystal and Labyrinth. No wonder there seem to be a few cousins of Hoggle and the Gelflings in this deck!

And do get the book by Froud, "Good Fairies/Bad Fairies" for more fun with the same cast and then some.

-- Kyrielle

WolfSpirit

Jewel said:
WolfSpirit come join our study group!!!! and DO NOT read the card interpretations before you read the front of the book and do the exercises. You will miss out if you do! Come join us the group is a lot of fun! You will learn to love this deck more than you can imagine ... there is a certain magic about it.

This is a recommendation I can't ignore :D
No I haven't read anything about the cards in the book, someone had posted on that so I was warned, I just leafed through the book quickly. I'll check out the study group section when I've had a bit of time on my own with these cards !!

Liliana

Um I realize this was a split thread, but if someone could name the deck in the title or something itd be helpful, tho it was fun reading all the little clues to figure out which deck you were speaking of lol

:THP

Jewel

Liliana said:
Um I realize this was a split thread, but if someone could name the deck in the title or something itd be helpful, tho it was fun reading all the little clues to figure out which deck you were speaking of lol

Actually the name of the deck is in the first post of the thread ...

jade

this is an original thread lil

Liliana said:

this isn't a split off from another thread. i started this thread.

the deck is called 'faeries' oracle' and it's creator is brian froud.

in light,
jade