Lammastide Decks

Chiriku

Traditionally at this time of year (northern hemisphere) , i use only decks with what i perceive as a summery or golden feel.

Some of them may have suits with winter scenes but for whatever reason, the summer feel is what sticks with me.

My short list:

Arthurian (by the Matthews)
Buckland Romani
Morgan Greer
Robin Wood (more spring-like to me but it's a nostalgic choice as it was essentially my first deck. Summertime is nostalgic to me for various reasons).

But this year, my Lammas deck will be Ludy Lescot--no comment, please!

What deck would you choose around Lammas time, even if the day pr occasion itself holds no meaning for you?

Nemia

The Etruscan has a high summer feeling for me, more than any other of my decks - Morgan Greer is already late summery. Some Margarethe Petersen images are very much high summer, too. And Brian William's Renaissance is early summer. So Etruscan it is.

I guess I should sort my decks into months, not only seasons... ;-)

Chiriku

The very name Etruscan feels summery to me, don't know why.

But you are so right about the different months. Robin Wood would be June (May and June, maybe). Morgan Greer feels more like July.and August to me while Buckland Romani feels like August spilling into September (in many parts of the USA, September feels like summer).

The Etruscan has a high summer feeling for me, more than any other of my decks - Morgan Greer is already late summery. Some Margarethe Petersen images are very much high summer, too. And Brian William's Renaissance is early summer. So Etruscan it is.

I guess I should sort my decks into months, not only seasons... ;-)

journeyinghome

Interesting. I don't tend to associate particular decks with particular seasons. I'm the awkward kind of person who'll read for folks on Valentines with the Vargo Gothic. You get the idea ;) I will always have a study deck on the go (currently the Faery Wicca - don't judge me - I love it even though it is mad) but it never seems to relate to the festivals or seasons.

However, I have kind of fallen into using the Ma'at for my personal sabbat and esbat readings. It's become an important ritual for me.

Aeric

August is the hottest season and I always associate it with fire, and deserts. Everything is so dry and scorching during the day that I always look forward to sunset and the drop in temperature. So I use two extremes of decks.

Fiery decks: Fire, Babylonian, Cosmic Tribe

Watery decks: Minoan, Crystal, Revelations

The balance reminds me that autumn will be here soon, and to stay hydrated :)

RiverRunsDeep

Robin Wood (more spring-like to me but it's a nostalgic choice as it was essentially my first deck. Summertime is nostalgic to me for various reasons).

Funny, I would choose Robin Wood as well for mainly the same reasons. :)

My other choices would be:

The Alice Tarot. Many of the images are outdoors scenes that appear to be
bright, sunny , summery days.

Dame Darcy Mermaid. Reminds me of summers at the beach!

SixDegrees

I also tend to switch out decks based on the season. In spring/summer my go to decks are the Victorian Romantic and the Prairie. In fall/winter I tend to use Kat Black's Golden and the Hudes. They align very well with my moods during these times.

Cocobird55

Deidre of the Sorrows is one of my favorite decks for summer.

karen0205

Swedish Witch Tarot, lots of sunny pictures
with animals and nature

Attachments

• P1014322.JPG
    P1014322.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 98