"Bad Boys" - 7 of Swords

ana luisa

Since I always preferred the not-so-rosy cards, I decided a while ago to try and see their other side. Consciously. The sentences below were written in one of my Tarot books. I can't remember where I got them but they may come in handy and give this bad boy a second chance :)

7 of Swords - An opportunity to withdraw from a hopeless situation and fight another day.
Disengagement from a struggle you should never ave been involved in . A desperate attempt to resolve a matter without conflict. The use of cleverness to turn the tide in your favor.

rwcarter

7 of Swords - An opportunity to withdraw from a hopeless situation and fight another day.
We all assume that the person is from an enemy camp and he's trying to weaken the enemy by stealing their weapons. But he could just as easily be from that camp and believe that they're going to get their heads handed to them on a platter, so he's getting while the getting is good.
Disengagement from a struggle you should never ave been involved in .
I can easily hear him saying, "My name's Bennett and I ain't in it."
A desperate attempt to resolve a matter without conflict.
OMG! You just gave me a new catchphrase for this card - "Make love not war!" :laugh: If he's stealing the weapons from BOTH sides, they have no choice but to find some other way to handle their disagreement!
The use of cleverness to turn the tide in your favor.
I think this is the more conventional of the interpretations. And as swords are about the mind and thoughts, this one flows rather easily.

light2000

HI :)

I see like using the mind to escape of a bad situation.

The man has at his hands 5 swords and let behind 2 of them. For me he took long time of taking a decision ( 2 of swords) which bring him to defeat (5of swords). And he prefer to run away now, to escape than face it. So he runs of the responsability.

Also i can imagine a war prisioner (5 of swords) and scaping of the enemy camp taking the information with him.

Kisses
Light2000

MaineGirl117

I like the image of the RWS 7 of Swords. To me the two remaining swords are two people, and the 5 swords that are being "stolen" away are their defenses. I have the image of two mobsters sitting down for peace talks. Before they go into the room to talk, they're relieved of their weapons and can approach each other as equals.

annabellybuttonstar.

I've had it also as appearing as guilt, feeling guilty over hurting someone in their past-especially if within the first card or second card in a celtic cross reading.

ana luisa

Thank you all for the input ! :) I agree the man may look willy and not to be trusted but sometimes, leaving the war scene IS the best solution. Combat is not always the best solution: many horrible decisions and words can come out when spirits are "heated". (says a typical Libra ...). I also liked MaineGirl´s117 take on the numbers and the sowrds picked and left behind. It could also be that to avoid a fight, the man picked 5 swords and took them away leaving only the necessary amount (2 - one for you and one for me) to restart the fight IF that becomes necessary.
Still fighting to bring some good into the bad :D

PattyMc

I can easily hear him saying, "My name's Bennett and I ain't in it."

I am sitting here laughing just knowing I'm going to think of this every time I see the 7 of Swords ;) Do tell how I'm going to explain that to my sitter!

Patty