Flowers of the Night Oracle

RavenOfSummer

Anyone working with the Flowers of the Night Oracle by Cheralyn Darcy? I've had the deck for a few months but am just about to dig into it now. Would love to hear others' experiences. Also, is anyone pairing this deck with tarot? And if so what tarot decks are you using?

:)

Dogs&Coffee

I use it semi-regularly. It works well with wild unknown, and any other hand drawn or woodcut deck.

Readings are pretty good. The guidebook offers a range of meanings per card but I usually just work off the keyword/intuition. It's also a good deck for small spreads (5 or under).

RavenOfSummer

I use it semi-regularly. It works well with wild unknown, and any other hand drawn or woodcut deck.

Readings are pretty good. The guidebook offers a range of meanings per card but I usually just work off the keyword/intuition. It's also a good deck for small spreads (5 or under).

Thank you Dogs&Coffee! I am really excited to start working with this deck. I specifically saved it for the summer because it just feels like a summer night deck to me. So I've only looked through it until now. I feel like I really connect with the cards just through looking at them, so I probably won't have much need of the guidebook either, though I'll check it out since I'm just starting to work with the deck.

I am one of those rare readers that has not found a connection with the Wild Unknown...weird, I know, especially since nature-based decks are often my favorites! And I appreciate the deck's art, but I just don't seem to connect with it in a way that makes me feel drawn to read with it. Maybe that will change someday. But I like the idea of hand-drawn or woodcut decks generally to go with Flowers of the Night. I'll have to keep thinking about it.

I was also wondering about some night-setting tarot decks maybe...but again still trying to think of something that fits the bill.

Citrin

I have it. I've used it a coupe of times, but I can't say much about it. It gives good readings, but not amazing? They make sense, so that's a good thing lol when readings completely don't make sense I usually know a deck isn't for me. ;) Perhaps the readings lack a bit of depth, but then again, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to flowers, perhaps that would help... The artwork is lovely. :)
I've mainly used it for morning draws. I'm so bad at pairing decks together lol but yeah, like someone said, the WU would maybe fit?

RavenOfSummer

I have it. I've used it a coupe of times, but I can't say much about it. It gives good readings, but not amazing? They make sense, so that's a good thing lol when readings completely don't make sense I usually know a deck isn't for me. ;) Perhaps the readings lack a bit of depth, but then again, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to flowers, perhaps that would help... The artwork is lovely. :)
I've mainly used it for morning draws. I'm so bad at pairing decks together lol but yeah, like someone said, the WU would maybe fit?

Very interesting, thank you Citrin! I'm going to try to get into this deck more deeply this week and will share my thoughts here :)

Belinda2

I just got this deck but I have not had much time to use it. I did a three card reading and the cards meanings seemed to create a whole Picture of what is going on.