Interest in a Deviant Moon Study Group?

Satori

Well I have been doing some readings with this deck, because looking at it I thought that perhaps it is a total write off for me. Too Deviant! But wonder of wonders, this deck is readable, and readable in a way that sort of defies logic. It may be one of the best reading decks I've ever owned. And it kills me to say it.

Now, over on the REX I'm doing advice of the week one card readings with it right now. I'm looking at the cards trying to be in a sort of personality, and almost doing joke readings, but people are saying that I'm totally nailing them and they love the readings.

I hoped they would love the readings because they were wacky and silly and mischievous, but not because they had value! The week is only just starting out, but the Deviant Moon has surprised me, and has surprised me into shock.

I can't say this is a deck I want to use all the time, but there is something to this weird little gem. I'm sorry that I don't have time to study it with you, so I'm writing to say, please work with it some more! I'd love to be reading more about what you are all doing with it...and I might post more too if there were more threads!

And, are any of you doing readings with this deck regularly, and what do you notice about it? I actually have noticed some startling patterns emerging, but I want to see if you are noticing them too, before I say what I'm seeing!

Catwomyn

Yes, this is an amazingly readable deck. I bought mine at BATS last year opened the box and was reading with it that day. Now I'm fairly experienced but it normally takes a little while to get used to a deck's quicks. For all its strangeness, it really works and the artwork is just gorgeous.

mrmond

Hi! I'm interested in studying the Deviant Moon, but it seems to me that the group has been a little bit inactive as of late. Is it still working?

Another question that I have is this: is anyone allowed to create threads for new cards? There are a few which puzzle me a great deal, and I would love to study them closer with other DM users.

Sulis

mrmond said:
Hi! I'm interested in studying the Deviant Moon, but it seems to me that the group has been a little bit inactive as of late. Is it still working?

Another question that I have is this: is anyone allowed to create threads for new cards? There are a few which puzzle me a great deal, and I would love to study them closer with other DM users.
Hi mrmond,

Welcome to Tarot Study Groups :).

You may find this thread useful: Tarot Study Groups guidelines - please read

To answer your questions, yes, anyone can start a thread in one of the study groups. Take a look at the index thread for this group and either add to the threads on cards already discussed or start new threads for cards not yet discussed. Here's the index thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1553685

Many study groups go 'inactive' for a while. To revive them just start posting :).

If you need to know anything else just drop me a PM.

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups moderator

Paganmare

Late again!

Hi - I am just awaiting delivery of my DM deck to the UK, as soon as sit comes I know I am going to be looking for advice and to share my own thoughts. I'm not seeing a DM study group listed as yet on the alphabetical list, so I guess we just post thoughts on cards as they come up!

<fretting and waiting>

Sulis

Paganmare said:
I'm not seeing a DM study group listed as yet on the alphabetical list, so I guess we just post thoughts on cards as they come up!

Hi Paganmare,

Welcome to Tarot Study Groups :).

The Deviant Moon Tarot study group is active and is indeed in the alphabetical list under 'D':
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=34124
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1553685

Please feel free to join in when your deck arrives :).

Drop me a PM if you need any help with anything to do with Tarot Study Groups :).

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups moderator

zephyr_heart

Hi, just got this deck yesterday. Such a fine deck, and one "cutting edge" and are accurate to my readings, even though they present some "dark, moody and menacing" personalities over the cards.

BTW, mind if I join?

callistoluna

zephyr_heart said:
Hi, just got this deck yesterday. Such a fine deck, and one "cutting edge" and are accurate to my readings, even though they present some "dark, moody and menacing" personalities over the cards.

BTW, mind if I join?

You are quite welcome and I'm sure everyone on the AT forum would love to hear from you! From myself, congratulations on your deck of choice. I also love this deck and the beauty of it for me is that it is a bit strange looking - the "creatures" (as I like to call them) are humanoids but not human. There is a dark feel to the deck but it's not horror or gore. Life is full of experiences, some of which are very complex and painful. This deck embodies a lot of this and as well as a richness of feeling in the artwork. As an added bonus (or not for some people) there is no companion book, only a LWB, so that means a lot of the symbolism is intuitive to the reader and that leaves a lot of space for creativity. It's nice to meet someone else who has similar feelings for it.

I look forward to sharing my thoughts with you and everyone on this deck!

kuguinha

I would like to join since this is my favorite deck but too complex for me to interpret it sometimes.

zephyr_heart

kuguinha said:
I would like to join since this is my favorite deck but too complex for me to interpret it sometimes.
You're welcome to join :)
By the way, how's the companion book progressing? It would be good if we could use it in the study.