The Gothic Tarot by Vargo Study Group

WolfyJames

I want to thank everyone for participating in this study group, you've done a great job, and your inputs have helped me greatly to understand, and love, this deck better. I hope it has done the same thing for you and as well as for those who read us and didn't leave anything behind.

The major arcana are almost over, and soon, we'll discuss about the minors. If we keep going like we do now, we might end up with our own forum. Wouldn't that be cool?

Umbrae has suggested that we start with Swords, then Wands, Cups and finally Pentacles. Umbrae has also suggested that we study the minors in a few threads. I've agreed to put the ace, two and three in the same thread due to their basic designs, but to give to the other cards their own threads. What about the court cards? Should we put them in the same thread? What do you think?

Alissa

content removed by author, mod please delete post

Justin

I can't wait to start the study group, but i'm going to have to get my deck first! Anyway, as soon as i get it i'll start adding some insights. Till then, i'll just lurk!

Justin

WolfyJames

Alissa said:
I just got it in the mail last night and oh my GAWD~! I pawed through it, amazed. I showed my husband, who sat mesmerized.

It'a beautiful deck isn't it? We all agree on this. I was mesmerized too, but I'm even more mesmerized since I started the study group, which I don't regret at all. You and the others make me discover aspects of it that I didn't see at first, and I hope it is the same for you.

Alissa said:
And the only Nosferatu : High Priest (resting), Hermit (awake), and 5 Pentacles (feeding, prowling).

As I said in another thread, I've seen the Nosferatu movies, original and remake, and it is the most horrifying horror movies I've seen, IMO. The Nosferatu, in this deck, terrifies me:eek:, and the Five of Pentacles is the scariest. I try not to think about it. And since Umbrae mentionned that, as a way of initiation, in the deck, and the majors, we must give our blood to be initiated, I've had the feeling that the characters now just want my blood and could be coming out of the cards somehow.:( Okay, I think I should just stop now, otherwise, no one will get this beautiful deck.

Alissa said:
I'll be posting more soon...

Yes, do so! You have said interestings things and we want to know more. Welcome in the study group!!!

Justin said:
I can't wait to start the study group, but i'm going to have to get my deck first! Anyway, as soon as i get it i'll start adding some insights. Till then, i'll just lurk!

Good luck in getting your deck... FAST!;) And we're waiting eagerly for your insights. You're welcome aboard as well.

WolfSpirit

I now have the deck and hope that I can add something to the study group. WolfyJames, seems you have put a lot of work into this, thanks :)

I just can't comment on the 10 of cups yet as I don't have this card. I emailed the publisher, they would send me the card but they sent me a wrong one (another 9 of cups) so now I am still waiting. However I also got an extra title card signed by Vargo so I think that's pretty cool.

WolfyJames

You have Vargo's autograph? Lucky you! Keep this card preciously. I've heard some decks were autographed but mine isn't. :(

WolfSpirit

WolfyJames - The autographed card was not in the deck, I got it together with the missing card.
Maybe they have more autographed cards they give separately, I guess you could ask if they have more...

WolfyJames

Well, I don't know if you have noticed, but we have our own forum now. I want to congratulate you all for this. Our dedicated work on this deck have made it happened. BRAVO!!!!

Umbrae

NO - thank you - YOU made it happen

Darla

Finally!

Today I finally got my Gothic Tarot and WOW! :) So far, I just took a quick glance at the cards but I can't wait to examine them further. Seems to me that this is a pretty good place for that ;)
Talk to you soon!