"Breaking the Barrier" spread

FourLeafClover

This is my own creation... here's what it looks like. I designed it to help pinpoint "barriers" in life, sets of problems that stop progress in important areas.

10 11
5 6 7 8
1 2 3 4

Cards 1-4 represent things inside of you that are part of your block. (Worries, a personality trait you aren't using right, ect...)

Cards 5-8 represnt things outside of you that are part of your block. (Other people, rules you can't change ect...)

Cards 9-11 represent a wedge, like would be used for spiltting a block of wood. It shows what actions you must take in order to work through your block.

Card 12 is the Reward Card. It shows what will come into your life as a result of your overcoming your obstacle. It might be yet another challenge, but so far I've turned up only very positive cards in this placement.

One thing that's fun about this spread is that the cards that form part of your barrier aren't automatically negative. For example, in one reading I did, the Princess of Cups showed up to illustrated someone's daydreamy character preventing them from taking action... but later cards in the spread emphasised the importance of NOT letting go of your daydreams because they could propel her toward her goal. Barrier cards show facts, and they can usually be turned into advantages once you see what they are!

The "Wedge" cards are few in number because of the fact that you aren't trying to shatter all these facts in your life, you're trying to make your way through them, eliminating only what needs to go. A simple action is best, and a spread that proposed a whole SLEW of changes could get very old very fast. Nobody likes to be lectured.

If any of you use this spread, I hope you enjoy it, and let me know how it worked for you!

I'm thinking of trying to create a smaller version, but I havn't got any real ideas yet.

brenmck

Breaking the Barriers Spread

This is my own creation... here's what it looks like. I designed it to help pinpoint "barriers" in life, sets of problems that stop progress in important areas.

10 11
5 6 7 8
1 2 3 4

Cards 1-4 represent things inside of you that are part of your block. (Worries, a personality trait you aren't using right, ect...)

Cards 5-8 represnt things outside of you that are part of your block. (Other people, rules you can't change ect...)

Cards 9-11 represent a wedge, like would be used for spiltting a block of wood. It shows what actions you must take in order to work through your block.

Card 12 is the Reward Card. It shows what will come into your life as a result of your overcoming your obstacle. It might be yet another challenge, but so far I've turned up only very positive cards in this placement.

One thing that's fun about this spread is that the cards that form part of your barrier aren't automatically negative. For example, in one reading I did, the Princess of Cups showed up to illustrated someone's daydreamy character preventing them from taking action... but later cards in the spread emphasised the importance of NOT letting go of your daydreams because they could propel her toward her goal. Barrier cards show facts, and they can usually be turned into advantages once you see what they are!

The "Wedge" cards are few in number because of the fact that you aren't trying to shatter all these facts in your life, you're trying to make your way through them, eliminating only what needs to go. A simple action is best, and a spread that proposed a whole SLEW of changes could get very old very fast. Nobody likes to be lectured.

If any of you use this spread, I hope you enjoy it, and let me know how it worked for you!

I copied this spread in my journal, tried it, and found it very helpful. I wanted to reply as such and it took me an hour of sifting through spreads, etc. before I found it again. If you haven't tried it, it's well worth the time.
I couldn't believe there were no replies to the thread, because I personally found it so effective. Thanks, fourleafclover.

kfk

barrier spread

I like this spread it is insightful and just what I needed at the time.I appreciated the elaborating on the spread meanings.So often It is left up to us to interpret what is meant through my own sematics. It is helpful to know what is exacatly what the creator meant.Tahny you Four Leaf Clover