How Active is the Gothic Tarot Forum?

Darla

lunakasha said:
So....where are we???

:) Luna
Good question. We really should find more topics concerning the Gothic to talk about. Lately we all have been a little sleepy in this group. ;)

lunakasha

Darla said:
Good question. We really should find more topics concerning the Gothic to talk about. Lately we all have been a little sleepy in this group. ;)

Hey Darla!

Between the Gothic and the Secret groups, we are going to be VERY busy for the next few weeks....I love it!!! :D

Oh yeah...I am also involved in the new Voyager group...:eek: LOL....busy busy busy!!!

Darla

Hey Luna!

Lately we seem to stumble a lot upon each other! :D It's always good to be busy, who needs free-time anyway? ;) Do you have any suggestions how we could jazz things up around the Gothic group?

lunakasha

Darla said:
Hey Luna!

Lately we seem to stumble a lot upon each other! :D It's always good to be busy, who needs free-time anyway? ;) Do you have any suggestions how we could jazz things up around the Gothic group?

Hi Darla!

I was just reading through the threads here in the Gothic Study forum, and found something interesting.....

Back in February, Alissa started a thread called "Gothic Fiction", in which she brought up the idea of making up stories for some of the Gothic cards....WolfyJames and ol_crazy-legs also expressed an interest in trying this. I personally think it would be a lot of fun and a GREAT way to spend some time getting to know these cards one by one. I find these cards so hauntingly beautiful, with so much detail....that I am sure we could all come up with a completely different story for each card!

What do people think about creating a short story, or poetry...any type of creative writing piece that we would post and share as a group???

Now I was thinking that if we decide to do this, there are several different ways we could approach it....here are my thoughts so far:

1) We could focus on one card per week....during that week, people can post their stories/poems/thoughts on that card, as well as post reactions to the posts of other members.
Each week we would focus on a new card, eventually working our way through the entire deck.

**OR we could use TWO cards per week TOGETHER and formulate the story/poem/writing as an interaction between the two cards...this might be interesting and a little more challenging than using only one card....again, rotating pairs of cards each week.

2) Each of us randomly draws a card OR chooses a specific card to write about....this would be a less structured approach than the first one...also somewhat limited in terms of discussion because we would all be focusing on different cards rather than the same one.

3) We COULD have one member at a time post his/her writing on a specific card in the deck....and the rest of us post commentary and feedback for that person throughout the course of the week. By focusing ONLY on that person's writing (rather than our own), we would benefit from REALLY seeing the card through another person's perspective...thus expanding our knowledge and/or appreciation of the card. We would rotate cards and writer weekly.

That is what I've come up with so far....anyone have any other ideas, suggestions??? I am looking forward to participating in some type of study with this deck....it is a deck that deserves a great deal of attention, and has so much to offer as a learning tool. Of course, I do love writing, not everyone does, so....

Let's try to figure out what we as a group would like to do next....THANKS!!! :D

Alissa

Since we've done so much single-card study, I'd be most interested in how (Small) combinations of cards could interact. I think that by building the connections between the two, it might help me more to build intuitive connections while reading. :D

You know I'll be around~!!!

lunakasha

Alissa said:
Since we've done so much single-card study, I'd be most interested in how (Small) combinations of cards could interact. I think that by building the connections between the two, it might help me more to build intuitive connections while reading. :D

You know I'll be around~!!!

I agree, Alissa....it would be VERY interesting to look at how the cards interact with each other. I especially love the idea of making up a story using the "characters" on the cards....as a way of learning more about the cards while expressing our individual creativity....I am glad that you got the ball rolling in your original thread. Hopefully we can get a few people together who might be interested in trying something new with the Gothic.....

WolfyJames

Almost each card has a thread (I haven't finished all the cards yet), and you can add whatever you want in these threads for each card: poems, stories, myths, etc. I've been thinking indeed about writing some story or poem for each card, once I'll finish study all the cards. Anything is welcome to add to the depth of the cards. :)
I think that it would be better to keep the informations on a card in the same thread though, instead of having many threads on the same card.

As for studying two cards at once, to see how they interact with each other, that is a good idea.

lunakasha

WolfyJames said:
Almost each card has a thread (I haven't finished all the cards yet), and you can add whatever you want in these threads for each card: poems, stories, myths, etc. I've been thinking indeed about writing some story or poem for each card, once I'll finish study all the cards. Anything is welcome to add to the depth of the cards. :)
I think that it would be better to keep the informations on a card in the same thread though, instead of having many threads on the same card.

As for studying two cards at once, to see how they interact with each other, that is a good idea.

Thanks Wolfy....I didn't realize that people were posting stories on those threads as well as their interpretations of the cards.

I think that combining two or three cards and writing about them in short-story or poetry format would be interesting....

Does anyone have any suggestions for the first group of cards?
If not, maybe I will try selecting them randomly from the deck?

Also, I was thinking that instead of starting a new thread we could just bump the Gothic Fiction thread and add to it.....

What does everyone want to do???

September Pixie

I'd like for this forum to become more active.. I LOVE this deck.. :( I just went searching for 10 of pentacles but seems there hasnt been a study on it...

What could we do to get this forum more active?

silk_selen

am waiting

I am waiting for my deck. I only ordered it today and I will be away from home when it arrives...

<impatience>