The wheel (X) - Druidcraft deck

Sulis

caridwen said:
Does anyone think this wheel means to literally draw something to a close?

I really like this interpretation Caridwen. I've never thought of this card like that but I can see how it could work.

caridwen

I'm not a witch or a druid, therefore magical symbolism doesn't have any bearing on my life.

When I look at this card I see a woman drawing a circle with what looks like a Buddhist wheel in her hand. The wheel is not quite closed so for me it may mean coming to the end of one cycle and about to begin another. She is marking a circle and about to have it meet up so I assumed it meant something drawing to a close. Obviously when one thing stops another starts and since it's the 10 and therefore the natural end, I presumed that meant a new dawn.

caridwen

Sulis said:
I really like this interpretation Caridwen. I've never thought of this card like that but I can see how it could work.

Sorry we must have posted at the same time.

This was my significator today and I'm not entirely sure what it means for me.

wytchwood

I would agree with Sulis that in this deck, the Wheel is about 'making your own luck/ fortune'. However, I think there is a bit of the traditional meaning in there, too. the Wheel necklace she holds in her hand is the wheel of the year, which keeps turning no matter what we do, and can bring good or bad fortune with it.

Zoe

Celestina

This is one of my favorite cards.

Although I've been watching for awhile, I just signed up for AT so that I can join this study group. I've learned a lot already. So, I figured, where better to start than with one of my favorite cards. Sulis, I love your interpretation of this card. I like the idea of taking an active role in your fate, rather than sitting back passively and let life happen to you. I think of powerful magic, but harmonious rather than disruptive. She is not fighting fate, but working in concert with it to bring about change. The circle as protection, seems reassuring to me, since she is the one drawing it, creating the magic.

Although I know they are different, this card reminds me of the Fferyllt. I get a similar feeling about the women in these two cards. Calm, balanced, strong, capable, in harmony with the world, but also taking an active role in it. I am always happy when one of these cards appears in my reading. Of course, this probably says more about me than the cards. :)

coyoteblack

I am up to this card in my 78 weeks study. Normally I just post my week of studies when I am done , but this is one of those cards that confuses the bejesus out of me.

I think one of the keys of this deck is the number 10 the end of one cycle and the beginning of another. The wheel reminds us of change , like how the land changes into the sea , how we go from extreme light of the beach to extreme darkness of the cave.

the symbol she has in her hand is the same seasonal wheel in the chariot. The symbol on her arm represents " As above so below" she is also mostly in blue and red , standing on yellow sand . lots and lots of change.

There is much more to this card I can feel it I just cant describe it.

coyoteblack

2 extra thoughts

1: I think she is on the beach behind the High Priestess( there has to be some meaning to that)

2: She creates the circle in the sand to show how fleeting fate can be, The ocean is next to her circle and next to all that light is a cave representing both womb and coffin.

Bat Chicken

coyoteblack said:
I think she is on the beach behind the High Priestess( there has to be some meaning to that)
Interesting you mention this because the Moon card looks like you are viewing a scene even further back from the beach and the monolith.... It is almost as if there is a geography to these cards - one that might apply to how we view things... Interesting theory....

coyoteblack

Bat Chicken said:
Interesting you mention this because the Moon card looks like you are viewing a scene even further back from the beach and the monolith.... It is almost as if there is a geography to these cards - one that might apply to how we view things... Interesting theory....

ahh yes the geography!! there are a few things in relation to the standing stones as well/

and the water in front of the lady is about the same width as he water in the hermit card.

If we wanted to we could have an entire discussion on just that never mind the minors we would be at it forever.

Bat Chicken

It actually sounds like a good idea worthy of a thread.... what do you think???:)