DruidCraft Study Group - King of Wands'-clothes?

Horace

One thing I was noticing about this King were the colors in his clothes. He has the red tunic of the fire suit contained at his waist by a gold belt with a red tip. The light on his right shoulder shows the heavy velvetness of his royal blue yoke. The gold braid edge has some markings on it. I wish I knew more Celtic lore. Two salamanders have withstood the fire and sit as a breastplate. I hope someone can explain the 'braid' that closes the yoke.
Then, it looks like the red and blue have combined to be purple and flow down his back as his robe.

He has orange plaid pants that are fastened at the ankles by what seems to be his shoelaces. His left foot even seems to show the knot. Why would he do that? They are obviously flannel pants and I'm pretty sure there's nothing under them.. It's like the 4's in checks now shifted to cover all the shapes.

I see all this but I wonder what it means?

If this card ever comes up as other than a person, I shall think about listening better. I know I give my opinion maybe a little more verbally than others. :) But the King of Wands looks so intent on every word I'm saying, I shall have to practice this trait more! :) Hh