I need some clarification.....PLEASE

Grigori

Yay! Glad to hear your being converted Sapienze :D I've not got the Alchemical yet, but definately am. I have a current obsession that is taking up my time, but Alchemical is high on list of things to follow up with.

Yes you can find the BoT online easily, and its out there in PDF also you can download and read when your offline. I've got a copy, if you wan't I'll email it to you.

I ask, what is the benefit of trimming the Thoth deck? You don't like the borders and key words, and/or? Both?
I guess that was the motivation initially. The borders aren't the most attractive ones in existance, and I don't really like decks with borders much anyway. And like Sapienze I really dislike the white line on the back with the copyright in it. I don't mind the titles, though I think they can be off putting for other people when you read for them.

The real advantage is when you remove the border the pictures are so much more. The colors seem better, and you can see where the patterns in the images line up with other cards more readily. And you can then have the largest size images, without the difficulty shuffling some people find. Win, win situation really :D

Bernice

And like Sapienze I really dislike the white line on the back with the copyright in it. I don't mind the titles, though I think they can be off putting for other people when you read for them.
Now you've confused me. I have the blue box, 1986 by AGMuller. And the backs have a white border with '@AGMuller' in the lower right edge.

I've never noticed it before! But then it's not a deck I use very much...

I think that's marginally better than the USGames decks with their copyright-text on the card-face.

Bee :)

sapienza

Bernice, I agree that it's better than having the copyright on the front, but I'm afraid the white borders on the Thoth backs just don't work for me. I'm so used to having the older style back with no borders and so it just seems so odd having borders.

I actually don't mind the borders on the card fronts as much as I thought I would. But they sure look good without borders.

Similia, I actually managed to find the Book of Thoth on-line and have saved myself a copy. Thanks for the offer to send it to me though. I've ordered a larger sized Thoth, with a view to trimming it....eventually.

I did notice that on my new medium size deck that the cross on the back is mis-shapen. On my older deck the horizontal and vertical arms of the cross are the same width, but in the new deck the vertical arm is much narrower. Maybe it's just me, but I find it rather annoying considering I've always loved the back of this deck. Anyone else notice this?