Skrying on the Tree of Life:

Jupiter Caelus

I refer here to a couple of questions on the additional material added to Israel Regardie's 'A Garden of Pomegranates' by Chic and Sandra Cicero. Specifically the section of guided visualizations of the Sephiroth and the Paths.

- Are they purely anecdotal visualizations of gauging the energy of any given section of the ToL?

- Have you found they offer a tangible result of rising your own position on the ToL?

I'm not wanting to sound to naïve here, but the phrasing may render that hope obsolete.

Essentially, I can't get my head around the theoretical status of attaining, for example, the Sephiroth of Yesod versus the actual experience of doing so. The problem there may arise from me viewing the ToL as a mechanical platform consisting of various levels to 'unlock'. Using such rigid terms seems incorrect, but then again, using the Tree in this manner - it is meant to be a map of progression, right?

RavenDarkWind

I'm kind of confused by your phrasing, not gonna lie, but I see the guided meditations as more of a framework for the first time visit. Once you're more comfortable with a path, you can feel free to explore.

Jupiter Caelus

I'm kind of confused by your phrasing, not gonna lie, but I see the guided meditations as more of a framework for the first time visit. Once you're more comfortable with a path, you can feel free to explore.

This is the second thread I've made on this forum, both seem equally confusing, based on the responses. I'd put that down to the "lust for result" to quickly satiate my questions.

Anyhow, I'd more or less agree that's how I've read them. The "feeling free to explore" part is what I was getting at. Yesterday I got Liber Θ, so the meditations in that may be be more useful in aiding me.

The second point I raised was a polite way of asking people what the tangible results were for them from reaching anywhere other than Malkuth - if they so wish to share.

Zephyros

I think it depends on how deep you wish to go. The meditations in Book T are wonderful, and you can create a really atmospheric "temple" using the proper scents, plants, even foods and sounds as outlined in Liber 777. However, in order to really go up the Tree, you would need a certain amount of training (I can imagine). Whatever you do will inevitably colored by ego (in essence, even if you pathwork all the way to Keter, you still won't be an Ipssissimus).

Now, don't think I'm being a snob, I myself don't have that training, but I enjoy pathworking all the same (I don't know if "enjoy" is the proper word). I have trouble articulating, however, what I do, so basically "success is your proof."

foolMoon

I read from somewhere one of the practical methods of the meditation on Tree of Life is by concentrating on the names of the God assigned to that sephira depending on what the meditator is after in achieving the tangible result. And the utmost goal of the practice is for reunion with the Divine being across the abyss after having passed through all the sephiroth in the tree. This is rough understanding I have on the subject right now, but I know there are tons of knowledge and information out there for me to take in, and digest before actually doing any practicals.

I am only a beginner, and still reading "A garden of pomegranates" by Regardie. I have list of books that I would like to have and read on the topic, and it will take some time to do that.

WRayne

Though I come at the Tree from an entirely alien perspective to your own - it is in the sense of living the forms of each spheres energies through your human being and exploring them to their full limits to explode projections outward and inward to part the trees and see the scene beyond them as it were - a psychic integration of the content in its raw state, an intuitive psychic empathy with the forces as they are - not as they appear through their handholds or symbolism... that the Tree should or could be best apprehended and the link between theory and practical application and attainment, made.

smw

it is in the sense of living the forms of each spheres energies through your human being and exploring them to their full limits to explode projections outward and inward to part the trees and see the scene beyond them as it were

that sounds interesting, what do you mean by projections in this context ? if you don't mind me asking...

WRayne

that sounds interesting, what do you mean by projections in this context ? if you don't mind me asking...

Not at all. Projections are I suppose a pre-conceived set of mental data acquired through nature and nurture (and additional data we inherit through the collective unconscious) that we hold intrinsically as valid to fit an archetype: and for instance, use unconsciously to define an object by 'layering' it over with this schemata or map. They are projections, because the qualities we impart psychically to objects, may not actually exist. This discrepancy causes major headaches for everyone, for instance, in relationships where we think someone is something they are not, and are subsequently disappointed they don't meet our expectations, and often we sharply withdraw our projections onto them when we are shown they dont match and this sometimes results in minor changes such as an altered perception, or a major change such as falling out of love, or realizing religion isn't for you.

WRayne

So in the case of the Tree of Life, and here is where I differ, in terminology, the lowest sphere is comprised of hidden/subconscious/Occult (in the literal sense) associations, primal atavisms, unconscious prejudices/biases/blueprints that for the most part we are not aware of.
How I use Tarot, and designed my own Tarot is to bring out these unconscious, subliminal contents and make them conscious by gazing intently at each major archetype in a series - though I do not find the modern Tarot's useful for this, (entirely subjective aesthetics) and living or activiating the archetypal image as if an experience - one talks to the characters, lets their mind wash over the image and speak its mind, tell you what it is, lets colours, emotions, opinions come to the fore and some of them, often surprise the person viewing them. This is the first step to moving through the Spheres, creating a baseline of what Work needs to be done in the Great Work.

Essence of Winter

So in the case of the Tree of Life, and here is where I differ, in terminology, the lowest sphere is comprised of hidden/subconscious/Occult (in the literal sense) associations, primal atavisms, unconscious prejudices/biases/blueprints that for the most part we are not aware of.

That describes Yesod, which is not the lowest sphere, the lowest sphere being Malkuth.