Magic symbols on the seven of swords - HELP

firemaiden

Okay, I've finally managed to see the sign of Venus -- I was focusing on the handle behind the glyph, it confused me. I notice every handle (behind each glyph) is a little different. I'm trying to correspond them with chess pieces -- I see one clear pawn, (Venus) on pretty clear bishop (Mercury), a possible castle... Firemaiden to Frieda Harris, Firemaiden to Frieda Harris, come in please...

tmgrl2

moebius strip? What is this? I saved the other sites to peruse at my leisure...then will look at Thoth deck...just lurking and learning right now...terri

starsongs

i also see the symbol for aquarius under the middle sword.

Wondering here since there is such a focus on the planets, and it is the 7 of swords breing considered, whether considering each planet in Septile (7th hamonic aspect) to each other would reveal anything?...I'm going to try it...

Here is a phrase I have copied into a notebook about the Septile:
"it has a Uranus-Neptune flavor, suggesting energy linkings that are not entirely of this world. One planet brings the other into contact with the unknown. This link is the key to inspirational experience and is Spiritual in quality."

Possibly also considering the qualities each would have in the sign Aquarius?...

The sign Aquarius, according to the esoteric astrologers, is ruled by Uranus on the personality level, Jupiter on the Soul level, and the Moon (at the top of the center sword) on a hierarchical level. The Sun is in its soul-centered detriment in the Sign of Aquarius.
Perhaps this is why the futility on the card??..,one has to get beyond this personality point to feel anything other than the futility? and to experience the magic?

starsongs

firemaiden

Starsongs, that's brilliant. May I quote you if necessary on my next reading?

starsongs

more thinking outloud

Firemaiden,

the part in the quotes about the septile i can't claim, though unfortunately cannot remember where i got the information..:-(

feel free to use anything I've said if you find it useful; was mostly just thinking out loud...but thank you.

Just noticed that all the planets represented are what are known as the personal planets, the 2 luminaries, Sun and Moon, plus Mars, Venus, Jupiter, Mercury, and Saturn which is the Gatekeeper to another level of awareness..

thats why no Pluto Uranus or Neptune...I think they are included in more abstract fashion through the 7 vibration (Uranus/Neptune even mentioned in the blip about septile) and the fact that their are 8 symbols (not 7)...on the far left the 2 interwined rings could represent old ring-pass-nots of Saturn's that already had been transformed via Pluto (8)...there's also a 9 here if the 2 rings are counted as separate.

The Moon (as hierarchical ruler of Aquarius) is the only planet/symbol not attached to the swords...detachment (attachment to the Soul)

The only way to escape a sense of futility is to make the passage from the personal to the impersonal life...

I've never given Thoth much of a shot. This is going to change. I followed your thread because it had to do with magical symbols, and also found planets! 2 things I love...A good friend of mine uses Thoth on a regular basis...I'll have a new respect for it from now on...I guess I don't have to be a Crowley fan to appreciate it

Thanks, Firemaiden...never would have given this any thought had it not been for your thread!

Starsongs
:D

firemaiden

Saturn is the Gatekeeper?!!
The reading I've just done, which is mostly based just on this one card, is about the Gatekeeper, Hekate...

When the image is reversed, the seven swords form what looks like a snow queen, or... the 'Queen of the Night -- the crescent of planets make the hem of her dress :)

The shape of the seven swords also look to me like a purple tulip bulb. :D :D (I've found one called Queen of the Night :D).

purple tulip reading

starsongs

ohhhhhhh, Firemaiden, you're really onto something here :D :D :D

I see the tulip goddess with flowing dress....and looked at the flower anatomy....I think Heckate is the Crone, one of 3 tripple moon godesses, which would fit with the Moon being at the center "seed" and key position...

she could represent a gatekeeper of sorts too...and is very connected to that moon...a thought here...the Moon is reflective, card reversed, this is the very subjective part of the process

http://www.thewhitemoon.com/gallery/Crone.html

http://www.hecate.org.uk/ritual.htm

Some things on Saturn as Gatekeeper,

http://www.btinternet.com/~seamaid/Esotericsaturn.htm

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/8465/order/daatsat.htm

WOW, this is so cool! the upight and reversed cards could represent different aspects of the same process, i think...

it will take me some time to absorb that reading you did. Will spend some time with it today. Thanx for leaving the link...:D

starsongs

tmgrl2

thanks, fm and starsongs, for the website references...these are always a welcome addition to my Favorites....t2
Posted on your reading, firemaiden...it was great!

firemaiden

Thanks for the wonderful links, Starsongs. I'm thrilled and tickled that you could see the tulip, and the dress, and the dancing chile peppers. :D

starsongs

firemaiden said:
Thanks for the wonderful links, Starsongs. I'm thrilled and tickled that you could see the tulip, and the dress, and the dancing chile peppers. :D

:D :D :D

Had it not been for your insights, I wouldn't have asociated them. But I definitely see them and the association, so I'm thrilled too..LOL..

You're welcome for the links..Terri too!

starsongs