Strange quartz experience

knight_sephiroth

I've never had this happen before. I had a natural quartz crystal point, about 2", suddenly and unbelievably get so heavy after a reading set, it felt like lead! Has anyone had this happen before?

I was working on a complicated set of readings and I was hitting a lot of blocks, like some kind of outside resistance, before I finally connected with my guides and myself in a more fluid fashion. At the very end, after an odd reading from one of my guides (all dealing with this unusual situation for a friend, which itself is a tangle of energy), I went to clear the space and tried to pick up the 2" crystal, which is normally quite light. It felt like a little lead brick! Like it was 10 times heavier than usual! At first, I couldn't even lift it off the cloth, like when you try to lift a box you think is empty and you can't budge it. Then I lifted it and held it and it seemed so amazingly heavy. Other stones which are actually heavier than it seemed lighter.

I had been doing a series of Tarot and Oracle readings with my usual setup. I charged and grounded the reading area as I always do, including my usual protective barriers and compassionate/loving wishes for myself, my guides, and my sitter. I used a single candle, my butterfly tarot cloth and I had several stones and crystals arranged, like always, including this 2" natural quartz crystal point (not a massager). I usually place the quartz on top of the deck I am reading with, then turn it and face it toward me, or another direction (intuited) on the cloth as I read. Last night, I faced it toward the door to the room I was reading in.

Not sure if any of that is helpful.

cozmo0_4

I've never had this happen before. I had a natural quartz crystal point, about 2", suddenly and unbelievably get so heavy after a reading set, it felt like lead! Has anyone had this happen before?

I was working on a complicated set of readings and I was hitting a lot of blocks, like some kind of outside resistance, before I finally connected with my guides and myself in a more fluid fashion. At the very end, after an odd reading from one of my guides (all dealing with this unusual situation for a friend, which itself is a tangle of energy), I went to clear the space and tried to pick up the 2" crystal, which is normally quite light. It felt like a little lead brick! Like it was 10 times heavier than usual! At first, I couldn't even lift it off the cloth, like when you try to lift a box you think is empty and you can't budge it. Then I lifted it and held it and it seemed so amazingly heavy. Other stones which are actually heavier than it seemed lighter.

I had been doing a series of Tarot and Oracle readings with my usual setup. I charged and grounded the reading area as I always do, including my usual protective barriers and compassionate/loving wishes for myself, my guides, and my sitter. I used a single candle, my butterfly tarot cloth and I had several stones and crystals arranged, like always, including this 2" natural quartz crystal point (not a massager). I usually place the quartz on top of the deck I am reading with, then turn it and face it toward me, or another direction (intuited) on the cloth as I read. Last night, I faced it toward the door to the room I was reading in.

Not sure if any of that is helpful.

I can't really comment on this but would love to follow this post. A couple of my crystals have felt terribly heavy when I've done meditation. Not all.
So sorry for not having insight but this is worth a watch for me. Thanks.

knight_sephiroth

I can't really comment on this but would love to follow this post. A couple of my crystals have felt terribly heavy when I've done meditation. Not all.
So sorry for not having insight but this is worth a watch for me. Thanks.

Thanks for responding! Hopefully someone else has insight. I did some research and discovered that it might have to do with the crystal needing to be cleansed.

It was back to normal the next morning as well. But as a side note, the very next morning I have had a massive Tower experience come down on me (described in more than one reading). Huge, major, negative experience. Not sure if it's related, but thought I'd put it out there.

celticnoodle

I do not recall ever having had this occur to me, but I do agree with you that it could be that it needs to be cleansed and perhaps allow it to rest a bit too before doing a reading again. I mostly was thinking this same thing since you mentioned the reading you were doing was filled with energy and quite complicated, setting up blocks for you.

In fact, I was beginning to think and wonder if the blocks were being set up to try and stop you from going further with the reading. But, that didn't happen, so it just 'wore' out the crystal(s)? Just a thought. And, especially as you had a tower experience. (which btw, so sorry to hear!)

I, too, will also be following this thread to possibly find out and learn more on this event. Good luck to you also in regards to all of this.

knight_sephiroth

I do not recall ever having had this occur to me, but I do agree with you that it could be that it needs to be cleansed and perhaps allow it to rest a bit too before doing a reading again. I mostly was thinking this same thing since you mentioned the reading you were doing was filled with energy and quite complicated, setting up blocks for you.

In fact, I was beginning to think and wonder if the blocks were being set up to try and stop you from going further with the reading. But, that didn't happen, so it just 'wore' out the crystal(s)? Just a thought. And, especially as you had a tower experience. (which btw, so sorry to hear!)

I, too, will also be following this thread to possibly find out and learn more on this event. Good luck to you also in regards to all of this.

You gave me goosebumps! I definitely think, especially in retrospect, that the blocks were trying to stop me from going further with the reading. I could sense it at the time, but I did not stop, and thought it was just a matter of the cards not being 'warmed up' or attuned yet. Later, I realized I probably should have trusted my gut.

I am thinking the crystal got filled up, worn out, or had to deal with too much that was of strong resistance. I am planning to cleanse it and let it rest.

Thanks so much for your kindness about my tower experience. I appreciate it.

celticnoodle

be careful with the cleansing too and make sure it is a cleansing that is gentle. Perhaps just by putting it near an amethyst or clear quartz crystal, rather then doing much of anything else. I just feel that a cleaning with water or something may end up causing the crystal to break or wear away. Even be careful setting it in light or outside in the moonlight. This actually just came to mind for me--so I figured I'd put it out there for you. Good luck with the cleansing and I hope that it works for you and the crystal!

knight_sephiroth

be careful with the cleansing too and make sure it is a cleansing that is gentle. Perhaps just by putting it near an amethyst or clear quartz crystal, rather then doing much of anything else. I just feel that a cleaning with water or something may end up causing the crystal to break or wear away. Even be careful setting it in light or outside in the moonlight. This actually just came to mind for me--so I figured I'd put it out there for you. Good luck with the cleansing and I hope that it works for you and the crystal!

Thanks for this! I will try it next to amethyst and other quartz first, to see how it goes.