Anybody tried soul collage?

mooncat2

Bean Feasa & Appollonia..........glad you enjoy Kaleidosoul. This truly is an awesome process and very powerful.

:) Everyone's cards are gorgeous..........I just love looking at them all. I have a problem with images and envy some I see and wonder where on earth they came from. I suppose in time the collection grows. I have discovered that there is more in magazine pictures than the usual cursory glance sees, especially the advertisements.

Haven't been brave enough to open an album yet.......still lurking! :D but I have started a blog to keep a record of my cards. It only has the minimum of writing as I have a problem with self expression if I think anyone else is going to read it :(...........overcoming that I think is part of this process. I do my main journalling by hand.

Not fair if I keep looking and not showing, is it............here is my latest effort .............when I saw the mirrors I remembered this quote( didn't write down who said it)

If you could get rid of
yourself just once.
The secret of secrets
would open to you.
The face of the unknown
Hidden beyond the Universe
Would appear on the
mirror of your perception.

:love:

Attachments

• SoulCollage-The Unknown One.JPG
    SoulCollage-The Unknown One.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 127

Colly34

I just wanted to let you all know I have really enjoyed reading this thread and looking at all the fantastic cards. :)

I started a soul vision deck last year and I'm still adding to it, but I have a question that has been burning at the back of my mind for some time.

Do you find, when you consult your cards that they are limiting?
I have recently had this nagging feeling that I am somehow stuck in my own mind, within my own psychology.....if that makes sense? When I consult the cards.

With Tarot I always feel as though an energy, comes from another place because they are such ancient telesmatic images, they go beyond personal psychology, but with the soul vision deck I don't feel this "expansiveness" and I know I didn't feel this at the beginning when I first started making my deck.

Colly

Colly34

Sorry I should call it Soul Collage!

Colly

Bean Feasa

Mooncat - I saw your beautiful card before, sorry it's taken so long to reply. The card seemed so deep to me I decided to wait until I had time to properly articulate my reaction - and then I got distracted, the thread slipped down and I forgot :(.
Thank you colly for reviving it and jogging my memory.
The images in Mooncat's card are so strong I find it a little scary. The woman with the fan makes me think of the women in Lorca's plays - locked up and not allowed out without a chaperone. The fan hides her true face. The owl is a beautiful shape visually and very expressive. I can't make up my mind whether the owl is rebuking the woman - like an inner critic, or whether it is like a helpful spirit pointing the way encouragingly. Saying get out there, life is short, go and do your thing. The sarcophagus seems to strengthen that kind of memento mori message. Overall this card speaks to me very powerfully of the need to break the chains of repression and be your true self. I wonder if that is the feeling you intended it to have mooncat, or am I conjuring up a world of my own out of it?
It's an awesome card, thank you for posting it.

Bean Feasa

Colly34 said:
I started a soul vision deck last year and I'm still adding to it, but I have a question that has been burning at the back of my mind for some time.

Do you find, when you consult your cards that they are limiting?
I have recently had this nagging feeling that I am somehow stuck in my own mind, within my own psychology.....if that makes sense? When I consult the cards.

Hi Colly34
That's a really interesting question. Unfortunately I've only completed 4 or 5 cards so I can't say what it feels like to consult a whole deck of my own.

With Tarot I always feel as though an energy, comes from another place because they are such ancient telesmatic images, they go beyond personal psychology, but with the soul vision deck I don't feel this "expansiveness" and I know I didn't feel this at the beginning when I first started making my deck.

I can see how you might feel that, since tarot is so very universal, and soul collage is so personal. In the Soul Collage book the author asserts that the decks are in fact amazing to consult because you know them so intimately. But what you say begs a lot of questions. Do you generally consult them in readings for yourself or for others, and if you've done both, is there any difference in how it feels?
Hopefully, someday I'll have enough cards to make a deck, and I'll be able to give an opinion on this. For now, I'm just getting a kick out of making them - and I think that'll keep me going for quite a while. ;)
Would you consider posting some of your cards here Colly? Or are any of them up on the websites mentioned. I'd love to see them.

Colly34

I have done readings for myself and others with my deck, I have 30 cards now.
That sounds like a lot but in fact, reviewing the earlier ones I find them over designed, you know what I mean?

I trained as an artist and I feel now that I wasn't quite able to step outside the "artist" part of me and let myself go enough to really create from within me. The artist got in the way!

So I have thought of having a cull of cards.
But then a part of me resist this too, as though I should keep them as a reminder of how far I have come since those early cards.

When I have worked out how to post images I may post two, one from the first few I did and my more recent ones and see if anyone can spot the difference!

Colly

Master_Margarita

I have actually found that I can "map" a lot of my SoulCollage cards to a tarot card if I really want to, though I don't know if the exercise is helpful.

Colby

Hi Ladies, I've recently bought the book for Soul Collage and I plan to spend time in the New Year working through the process (yes I know it's still a bit off but I'm going to be away and have other BIGGER commitments until Christmas).

Thanks for reviving this thread and I'll be sure to come and tell you all about my experiences. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and cards. You inspired me to buy the book.

JulieD

The cards posted are beautiful.

I have a question on technique. After the collage is complete, is a protective cover stuck over the top of each card to stop glued edges lifting and other damage?