What is the meaning of the extra card?

Lillie

mosaica said:
Lillie, what do you use the extra card for, if you don't mind sharing?

I read with it.

It's in the deck as the 23rd major (the number 23 having certain significance to me)
When it comes up it means that something very significant is happening, it is a card of magic and of fate.

ravenest

fyreflye said:
One of the significant features of the UH, at least according to Crowley, is that it could be drawn with a series of strokes without ever lifting the pen/pencil/brush from the paper. Does anyone know why he considered that important?

Try tracing a 5 pointed star in the air in front of you with your finger. simple huh?

Now do it using a standard hexagram.

Now a unicursal hexagram

... get my drift?

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
In Crowley's own copy of The Book of Thoth he wrote an expletive and a note of complaint next to the Uni Hex on page 11. The printers had printed it upside down.
Now look at your Uni Hex card. :laugh:

Not only that but the blank card is also printed upside down.

Ligator

But what did Crowley say? Did he think that there should be one extra "blank" card in his tarot?

/T

Storm82

I wish my thoth "reading deck" had that card (I only have it in a bigger deck)

why havent all the thoth deck THREE magus and this card ?!

stupid printer guys....

Lillie

Because you only get 80 cards.

Except mine. I got 81.....
Which is weird.

Lillie

Ligator said:
But what did Crowley say? Did he think that there should be one extra "blank" card in his tarot?

/T

Yeah, he said it should be there, and be upside down, to do Ravenest's head in.

It's a test.

ravenest

Lillie said:
Yeah, he said it should be there, and be upside down, to do Ravenest's head in.

It's a test.

Hang on, I've just realised ... I've made a terrible mistake here ... it's my head which is upside down, not the card.

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Hang on, I've just realised ... I've made a terrible mistake here ... it's my head which is upside down, not the card.
No, you're eyes are upside down. :laugh: