Twin Flames/Soulmates/ Karmic Ties

Awakened Queen

This might not sound sensible to anyone but me (that's common :p ) but I think just about anyone we cross paths with at any moment in our lives is one form or another of "karmic" connection. Every time we come into any kind of contact with another person, some of our "star stuff" we're made of shakes hands with their "star stuff" in some way. Even meeting someone's eyes as you pass them makes a difference in both of you.

I realize that a lot of people believe in that ONE person in the world who is their soul mate and they have ideas of utter compatibility and depth of soulful, passionate life with that one person. They think of it in a romantic way. If there is such a connection, my late husband is the closest I've come to it. I'm going to be 70 in a few weeks, so if he wasn't my soul mate, then I was probably waiting at the airport when the ship bearing my real soulmate docked.

Anyway, I think there are karmic ties between us and others at every turn. That's what I started out to say here. I do think, though, that Majors would be most likely to indicate the important ones. And for a romantic/karmic/ soulmate connection, I'd choose Temperance. My personal reading style is to read card combinations, but that's the one I'd pick if I had to pick just one.

I completely understand what you're saying. I've read Brian Weiss's books where he talks about past lives regressions and writes about our past life connections to the people in our lives now. Most of the people we know are people we've known from past lives. As somebody who has experienced spiritual connections to teach me a lesson or trigger my spiritual awakening, I believe that there are different types of connections. However, we all have karma with them. From what I have seen in my own life, connections come into our lives to help us learn lessons, heal, grow, and/or place us on our spiritual path.

Twin Flame energy is spiritual and transforming. Soulmate energy is warm and comfortable. The karma is more balanced and the relationship is usually easier than a karmic connection. Karmic connections are usually fleeting and their sole purpose is to balance karma and to teach us lessons. The energy can be intense and painful, many times toxic.

Temperance is a great card to describe twin flames and soulmates. I like that.

Just my .02 :)