The Devil, in a relationship spread

DeLani

In addition to all the very insightful ideas already posted, I would add: Kinky sex. Drugs. S&M. It up to you to interpret that as "bad" or "very, very, good." ;)

Keslynn

Everyone has given some very good interpretations of this card so far. I just wanted to add a question: is this a reading about you and the same guy you posted the other reading about in the "My Readings" forum? (I hope that sentence made sense ;)) If so, then I'll just point out that this is another bad sign in a chain of them. Run away from this guy and don't look back! If it's not, then I'll just take my 2 cents back now.

:) Kes

finn

Teal: glad to know you're heading off to a bright future.

Everyone else: THANK YOU SO MUCH. I know what the Devil means through the "Book of Reversals" and Little white book I got from my Medieval Scapini, but I can never really grasp what each card means. I'm getting better, though! keeping a journal too!!!

Yes I agree with Talisman who says that I should look to other cards.....they're all negative. :D

Well...I wasn't interested in this guy anyway....lol.

Red Emma

The Devil

While all the foregoing ideas are spot on and useful, I'd like to add one more meaning, one which I'm more afraid of finding in a friend or partner than anything else: A strongly controlling person who uses manipulation and psychologically destructive means to wreak his havoc. Some are probably right at home with physical abuse also. Not the kind of person anyone would want to live with. Or even hang out with.

Red Emma

finn

red emma - you're absolutely correct on that very point.

my ex was very manipulative AFTER the breakup, phoning me to tell me the relaionship breakup was my fault, that it was me who could not be "what he saw in me when he first knew me"...
well......i'm still kind of blaming myself, 'coz I know I'm not exactly blameless, but he maintains that he is guiltless...absolutely.....

allibee

hmmmm, my middle son is just like that....WILL NOT take personal responsibility for any of the trouble he causes in the house with his siblings. Even when we all point it out to him, it just makes him more aggressive ...... anger management, methinks..... but I know he wont go :(

allibee

finn

bah! immature immature!

allibee

you could see it like that but it goes deeper. Their dad left when he was only three and altho he didn't take it too badly - so it seemed - he has always tried to be the man of the house. Then it became ' my way or the highway' with him, and now he's a 6' tall 14 year old, he tends to put his weight behind his convictions. He has a really short fuse. Immature, maybe, but that would lend credance to the hope he will grow out of it.
He is a demon, but one I love very, very much.

allibee

finn

I like your quote about the one way street!

allibee

hehehehe , its one of my most used, lol ;)