Your Most Trusted Deck?

pickled pixie

Mine was my Anna K but since getting The Wild Unknown I'd say this is fast becoming my Go to deck! :D

MysticalMoose

My go to reliable deck has always been my Druidcraft, more recently also my Anna K, but like pickled pixie above... since The Wild Unknown arrived, it's become The One for me :love:

LadyDeborah

It depends on my mood, but it would have to be 1JJ, Victorian Romantic, Touchstone, and of course, any Rider-Waite. I definitely reach for different decks for different moods.

gypsiejones71

My 'old comfy pair of slippers' is the Gilded.
It always forgives me and respects that I stray elsewhere occasionally to experiment. Which I do.. often.... with insatiable curiosity. But I always return..

Richard

I think that for a generic question, regardless of that to which it pertains, nothing can ever be more trustworthy than a clean reconstruction of the Tarot de Marseille, whether it be the CBD, the Marteau-Grimaud, or similar. (The facsimile versions, complete with original stains from rodent droppings, soiled hands from you-know-what, vomited chicken blood and such are a turnoff, of course, although they are appreciated by some afficianados, believe it or not.)

Then there is the Tarot of the Elves...... I do have a thing about elves and fairies (my favorite modern novel being Little, Big). They are trustworthy within their native environment, but when they venture into our world, it is very easy to misinterpret their intentions. :)

Aeric

(The facsimile versions, complete with original stains from rodent droppings, soiled hands from you-know-what, vomited chicken blood and such are a turnoff, of course, although they are appreciated by some afficianados, believe it or not.)
Actually it's not that difficult to believe at all, it sounds more like it's difficult for you to accept. You may not agree with other people's choices but I see little need to paint them as "unbelievable."

Richard

Actually it's not that difficult to believe at all, it sounds more like it's difficult for you to accept. You may not agree with other people's choices but I see little need to paint them as "unbelievable."
Yes, it may be a matter of cultural conditioning, but I did not say that it was "unbelievable," did I? It is a matter of preference in Tarot, not a matter of being a prude, which, if you knew me better, you would never have implied. Personally, I would like for the images to reflect the intentions of the creator, not the thoughtless overlays of misuse, neglect, and filth. Please pardon me for interrupting this thread with what apparently is a totally irrelevant comment! :rolleyes: I cordially request that my posts be removed if they are unacceptable. It won't be a first, believe me. :)

emmsma

Mood does play into things a lot for me.

A serious question, if I am feeling needy - I turn to my Pocket Rider Waite. One of my first decks, its been with me since high school. We've grown up together and it is the calming voice of a trusted friend.

If I want deep introspection, I may reach for a Marseille - there is just so much that I can read into them. Robledo or Rodes-Sanchez come to mind.

Dark Victory '39

introspection vs. not

oddly enough if i need introspection w/ a trusted deck, i use my ISIS (a marseillle deck, and i don't have v. much marseille background) but theres no viceral reaction to like the 3 of swords.

often, and again i'm the last person i ever would have thought would be saying this; but if i need a trusted response, i use the bb cats. i'm not even a cat 'fancier'; but i love them, and they're honest, and dressed up, and kind.

juno-lucina

My "go to" deck, besides The Kingdom Within Tarot, is the Thoth deck. It was the first deck I read with professionally, and it always speaks clearly for me...always.