How to use tarot to pick numbers for lotto ?

Luna-Ocean

Well its not impossible to win by using Tarot, i had made up my own system of using just the minors 1 - 10 from each suit that added to 40, i then picked which suit would represent each of the numbers etc from the wands being 1 - 10 coins 11 - 20, the suit of cups 21 - 30. and the suit of swords 31 - 40 there are only 49 balls for the uk Lotto. so for the extra bigger number from 41 - 49 i used the Majors from 1 - 9 the magician representing 41. the High priestess 42 empress 43 etc.

I was surprised i picked the correct numbers for getting three numbers lol.

Marlo

Interesting method STAR*. It looks like my technique but in a different order. I hope you'll get more luck next time ;)

SunChariot

You do realize that Tarot was not originally designed as a divination tool? Tarot, at least as originally conceived, is a type of card game. Divination is a re-purposing of the Tarot. Why is the OP's re-purposing less legit than the use of Tarot for divinatory purposes?

I was not stating my personal opinions. Just what I read in a number of books when learning. I had hoped I made that clear in my post. ...that that was what I learnt (eg read in a number of books) when learning Tarot. I for sure never said abyone's ideas are more legit that others. I never think that way. It is not who I am. And the word "greed " was not my word. It was the one used in thode books which is why I actually said that I hated to use that word there.

Also picking the lottery numbers is a form of divination, as it is about finding out which numbers will win before the drawing has yet taken place.

On the other hand, if the books were right, and Tarot will not work for that purpose, the question is not what is legit or not so much as what will work and what won't. Not at all to be judgmental, but I have also never heard of one case where Tarot helped someone win am large lottery amount. And it would be all over AT if it happened.

Babs

Le Fanu

"The cards are not going to give the winning combination"...
...even though they could if they wanted to.
What an odd thing to say. Sounds like cards deliberately hold back information, which can't possibly be true. Or rather, suggests that they have a conscious mind, want to do things then think twice (?)

For the record, I have used tarot to predict lottery ticket numbers and it never works, simply because tarot cards (and I love and use tarot decks!) are at their best when being a bit vague, a bit nebulous. Specific things like predicting lottery numbers, how much money you'll be earning in ten years, inflation in Africa etc etc isn't going to happen. It isn't a question of whether the cards want it or not.

Drawing tarot cards is as random as the lottery. Or rather, drawing from 52 playing cards and then drawing from 50 numbers. Not a massive difference. Divination and lot-drawing used to be a lot closer together than we would like to think they are nowadays. Of course, it would be a coincidence if the cards drawn by insignificant little me this morning would match the winning numbers in Italy or Spain or Brazil in the same week (not to mention the same country!). It could happen in the same way that lottery numbers could come out consecutively (1,2,3,4,5...) But they never do.

I cannot possibly understand how me wanting a heads up on possible lottery winnings (and perhaps give some to charity) is less spiritual than a ditzy girl asking if that sexy guy is going to ring tonight. (it wasn't Babs that suggested this but many do...)

For the record; decks I use for this purpose, either of those non-tarot 78 card decks; LoS Nostradamus Cards or Voices of the Saints, both of which have numbers 1-78 prominently displayed on the card. I separate cards 1-50 and cut the deck 5 times. The numbers which are at the cut form my chosen numbers (here you have to choose 5 numbers between 1-50) plus two "bonus" numbers from 1-10. I then use the cards 51-60 to choose my bonus numbers, e.g 52 is 2, 57 is 7, 58 is 8 and 60 is 10.

I did it this morning with the Voices of the Saints deck. Bet those saints hate me for gambling. })

Or maybe they'll smile fondly on me...

I'll keep you posted!

tarotbear

I did it this morning with the Voices of the Saints deck. Bet those saints hate me for gambling. })

My grandfather had a phrase: "Money sticks in the hands of Saints - but I don't see any saints here!"

If Tarot could predict the winning lottery numbers, then all the world's lotteries would be shutting down because every Tarot reader in the world would be winning them.

Marlo

If Tarot could predict the winning lottery numbers, then all the world's lotteries would be shutting down because every Tarot reader in the world would be winning them.

Your sentence raises a question. If tarot can't predict lottery numbers, then, what is the difference between a possible event and a number that can possibly pop up at the lottery ?

If tarot gives an answer among a large panel of possibilities to reply to a specific question, why can't it pick up the right numbers in a definite amount of figures ?

Zephyros

One possible, although apologetic, explanation is that one could argue that Tarot is about energies, about people, about their interaction. It seems to foresee the future because people behave in patterns; things you do today will affect you tomorrow, and probably those around you. Perhaps it merely adds up the probabilities.

Gambling, however, is pure chance. The numbers are decided at the moment they are drawn, and the whole thing is perhaps not subject to any sort of predestination or foreknowledge. In other words, Tarot can foresee things that have touched or affected others; lottery numbers touch nothing and so cannot be seen.

I don't know if I myself buy into this explanation, but, since chance occurrences have been predicted by readers before, but, there it is. It is also important to remember that Tarot is chance as well, the only thing that removes it from that sphere is your own attitude towards it, in essence, creating the meaning as it is placed before you.

Marlo

I like your explanation a lot.

About lottery numbers, i think we dismiss some technical matters, that is to say, how the balls have been made, the way they roll in the lottery box (i don't know the right word for it) and all the other mathematical factors involved in the process of drawn numbers that also works like a web of interaction.

I also wonder if the energy of hope that people irradiate during the drawing of lots can have any influence on it.

This all sounds very far-fetched...or not.

Luna-Ocean

Interesting method STAR*. It looks like my technique but in a different order. I hope you'll get more luck next time ;)

Thanks Marlo

If i win i will pm you lol