21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step TWO

Willower

21 Ways: Step 2

The Fey Tarot: The Chariot

I am a female fey, with orange skin and short, purple hair. I am wearing a short, red, one-shouldered dress and purple, over-the-elbow gloves. I have three wings, which appear transparent and gauzy, and are orange coloured, fading to yellow. I have my hands folded in my lap, and I am gazing upwards. I am seated on a carriage, which looks like a orangey/ochre-y rounded vegetable, and I sit on the ‘stalk’ part at the top, on a green platform or cushion. A single leaf forms a canopy above me. The carriage is being driven by a smaller fey, crouched on a platform about half-way up the carriage in front of me. It (he?) has green skin, with a brown patch over his right eye. He is wearing a brown and orange striped scarf, a blue top, shoes and a purple top hat. He is holding a whip, which he probably uses to control the two animals pulling the carriage. The first of these is a rodent (possibly a mouse), and the second is a green lizard.. The carriage is crossing a stone, humpbacked bridge over running water. The carriage appears to be only just narrow enough to fit over the bridge, and in fact the two right-hand wheels may be being forced inwards (making them wonky) because of this. In the distance behind the carriage and the bridge I can see sharp hills, which are green, and the road (probably the same one the coach is on) winding between them.

tabi

STEP TWO: HUDES~~~THE DEVIL:

I am the devil, my anger is mine. I hold on to it because it is what I am; it is what I do. Holding my disciples to me, even against their wishes. I am larger then life, proud, and in your face. I am every where but no where. I control but not through tightly binded ropes but using others own needs against them. Anyone who steps into my embrace steps there willing and through their own accord. Being able to step out just as easily as they steped within. I hold not the responisibility of what others choose but of what I want. Hate me, envy me, but do not assume you know me for I am the Devil.

For some reason I don't think I mastered what this Step was suppose to be...:confused:

ETA: I think I'm jumping ahead of myself without even realizing it.

The blue in the back ground is watery, distant, cold. The most dominate factor is me standing/facing in the center of the card taking up the majority of the space. My horns reaching up into the "sky", my arms/wings spreading wide reaching out and around the cards. My body not really shown but somehow taking up space and controlling the card. Where the woman and man sit is all I give them to sit, within my embrace. My face there is anger, power, pride, there is ego. In my eyes is compassion and coldness.

dadsnook2000

For Tabi

Just a suggestion, for everyone has to approach these exercises in their own way. I found that having a copy of the card before me, perhaps taped to the computer monitor or on the cover of my 21-Ways book, that I could get more deeply into the card's image.

I described my card in visual detail, rather than giving a book-version of what the card means. Focusing on the details and overall image, then considering how the card-person-entity "lived" and "thought" within that pictured world started to give me a broader sense of the card. In other words, I tried to give the card-image an actual life within an actual small segment of its world.

From that perspective I could imagine how the figure came into that scene, how the figure operated in that scene, how the next few minutes might play out, what would happen if I (myself) joined the figure within the card. Its all a way of expanding the card's meaning for us --- an exercise that will help in some of the future steps. Good luck. Dave

tabi

Thanks Dave, I do have the card in front of me and I also have it pulled up in the background of my pc so I can flip back to it while I'm doing these excersice. I do however wonder if it is possible if my own "set" meanings are interferring with how I do view this particular card. Because I didn't use any book meanings. I simply went off of what I felt in the card, I do also write poetry which is perhaps why the excersiced seemed to flow as such.

I also noticed that I did pick a rather different card then most have done. LOL Never do things easily. The Devil card from the Hudes: http://www.albideuter.de/html/hudes_15.html I may come back and revisit this one later.

WhiteRaven

Step Two: Llewellyn Tarot ~ The Star (Branwen)

My chosen card is the Star ~ Llewellyn Tarot

I have come out late to fill my flasks of water for early morning. I need to rest first before going back. I'm sitting on some rocks next to this beautiful, peaceful pond. The night sky is like midnight blue velvet, covered with tiny, sparkling quartz. Oh..there is a really big one up there...I am dazzled by the twinkles that come from it. So much so, I have knocked one of my flasks over and the water is pouring out upon the ground. Oh well, it will nurture the grass and plants. There is a bird in the sky. He should be sleeping but he is out in the skies. I wonder if I hold my arm out, if he will come see me and rest on my arm. I will try. It's getting late and I must go soon. I already see the sun rising. Bursts of white are coming from the horizon and soon will change to a colourful array and rays of sunshine will hit the ruins behind me soon. I need to get some sleep before my day begins once again. It's chilly now. I'm glad I have my shawl to keep me warm but it keeps getting caught up in the vines and twigs on the ground, and I can't seem to keep it on properly. I really must go soon....but I don't think I want to.

~~~~~~~~~

I really don't know if I did this right.

squeakmo9

Sounds good to me, WhiteRaven!
Great to have you here:)

dadsnook2000

Very right

You are doing things very right. You are getting into your card, seeing greater images and feelings which will lead to deeper meanings and understanding. This will lead you, in the further steps, to accomplishing much. Dave

PS: Hi Squeaks. Nice posting by you, as always. Dave

SistaSpirit

21 Ways...Step Two: RWS The Emperor

I am a wise mature, strong and very powerful emperor. I sit on my concrete throne which is as hard and inflexible as I have to be if I am to maintain order in this society. I look stern as a warning that I will not accecpt anything but the truth. I hold the ankh for all to see and know that I have the power of life and death, let them quake before me because I will keep order.

The stream running through the desert is to narrow to bring much comfort, or cool my brow, it dosen't matter I must maintain my demeanor or the people will think I'm weak.

superfrogsavestokyo

Step TWO

My card is The Chariot from the Universal Waite

I am a young man focusing on my new journey. Even though I'm excited, my smile must not escape to my face. If I do, I'm going to lose my concentration. Even though I'm wearing armor over my tunic, I don't feel it. It's a second skin to me.

The chatter from the walled city is different than it was in the city. Before, it was untolerable; however, it sounds soft and welcoming over the water. If I return back to the city, my chance to learn and grow will be lost.

Sky is so bright that it's not even blue anymore; it's the same yellow as the star and crescent moons that I'm adorned with. I'm well prepared for the journey, and have what I need. Right now, I'm checking to see if my spirit is ready to continue. I'm blessed to have the two riddles or mysteries drive my cart. I didn't tame them or use violence to get them to obey me. Instead, they came to me and acknowledged my inner mastery. However, I must retain control over my emotions/desires/anything else that may distract me. The crown that I wear isn't my burden; my burden is to bare the responsibility of my actions on the journey to come.

The sphinxes are ready, and are always ready, to go. However, I must be the one to give the command. If I relinquish or regret my new role as the maker of my own destiny, sphinxes will leave me, and I will be stranded. When I lift my yellow tipped blue wand, it will signal them to begin. I might not return to the city, but this is for the best.

~~~
Edited to add:
My card is the 7 of Cups from the Deviant Moon Tarot.

The room is dim, but it doesn't matter right. Right now a part of me is painting a picture. I don't know what the final product will be, but I trust my subconcious to do it justice. It's like I'm in a trance looking at the seven cups sitting on my table. My conscious mind isn't in full control.

There is someone on the other side of the canvas, holding my easel. However, I can't really acknowledge them in this state. While I'm in a semi-unconscious, I still dream. My feet dangle freely while I'm painting. It's somewhat scary, and I'm unsure about my talent; however, I feel that my subconscious will be more confident than I'd ever be.

bohemiangelnoire

21 Ways- Step Two

Step Two- The Mystic Dreamer Tarot- Death

I am seated on a pile of skulls, beneath my feet a rock becomes a fall of skulls and beneath those rocks a nebula brews, filled with stars. To my left a single rose rises from the skulls, white and surrounded by small green leaves. From my robes rise a white light filled mist and from that mist the form of a woman, small sparks of light falling from her outstretched fingers.

Her arms look as if she is flying and her head is turned to the sky. A haze of pink surrounds her visible form. Behind me to my left an old looking tree sits, it's leaves sparse and golden yellow. The trunk is gnarled and dark. Behind the tree a New moon hangs in the sky. The sky around the moon is dark but a mist surrounds the base of the tree. The leaves and trunk are still visible plainly.

In the background to my right, the mist covers and slightly hides a tree that is young. The bark is light and looks fresh. The leaves are green and full. Though I can see the tree, it is obscured greatly by the mist and though it looks like there is more then one tree, I am not sure.

To my direct right a tree stump sits, it looks old and dead, but behind it a small girl sits, dressed in white and staring down at the ground. There appears to be new foliage coming in near the ground of the tree stump.