TOADies Anonymous.

earthair

With the arrival of Colores Arcus I have no decks coming my way until the Star tarot on pre order next May. Feeling virtuous :angel:

Errrrm I may have ordered a few books though :|

willowy

How's everyone doing?I'll be joining here after xmas,I 'm planning more of a cut back than stopping collecting altogether-I've done that before and its led to serious tarot binge buying,and also missing out on some that went oop,so I thought cutting down would be best,allowing myself 1 deck a month,and getting them as gifts for birthday and xmas gifts,hoping to cut down to only 25 a year (this is including books and oracles too as I have way too many of those!)but still letting me not miss out on any special must haves that come along.

CharlotteK

How's everyone doing?I'll be joining here after xmas.

Me too :) I've been on a buying binge since i joined this forum a few months ago and my collection is six times bigger than it was! Next year has to be a year of necessity as we seriously need to save up some funds for home repairs, so profligate deck buying really has to stop. I have way more than I will ever need already, I don't read professionally so I won't wear out what i have in a hurry.

I've decided to limit myself to just 3 additional decks next year. I have 3 decks on pre-order already that will land next year, so that will make 6 in total. Any more that I completely and desperately want will mean a deck has to leave the house before I can buy it. I recognise myself to be a compulsive acquisition addict (before decks I had major stash collecting issues with baby slings and woven wraps, handmade cloth nappy pretties, and knitting wool and yarn). So i plan to limit my visits to the deck forum, and concentrate on reading exchanges and study groups. Please wish me luck :)

Thoughtful

l do wish you luck CharlotteK, you won't be able to help yourself by sticking to only looking at the two groups you mention :D Before you know it you will not be able to resist visiting all the threads. Don't mean to be a pessimist but l know, l know, l know, tried that myself.
Each new tarot l have bought was always going to be my last, but it never is, l kid myself by putting bigger gaps in between my buying. l must really stop now as l really only read regularly with my fave three anyway.

Padma

I had done so well till this month. And finally caved to buy Cirom's Kipper, and the Wild Unknown. :p

But that is as far as I am going, I swear! :laugh:

CharlotteK

l do wish you luck CharlotteK, you won't be able to help yourself by sticking to only looking at the two groups you mention :D

This I suspect to be the truth ;)

rylla

I had done so well till this month. And finally caved to buy Cirom's Kipper, and the Wild Unknown. :p

But that is as far as I am going, I swear! :laugh:

Now with the holiday approaching I expect this thread to get busier than ever :D (people confessing going off the track)

I have a few to confess too -

ETA My resolution for the new year it'll be to set myself some serious criterias/boundaries re. decks purchase - I had them set up for this year too but somehow I always found a 'window' or crack to get out of it - I have to find an impenetrable fence :angel:

Falcor

I am waiting for Tarot of Dreams. Hopefully I'll get it this month.

Cocobird55

Tarot Decoratif -- a big splurge for me, but worth every penny. No more decks this year.

CharlotteK

Tarot Decoratif -- a big splurge for me, but worth every penny. No more decks this year.

I so love this deck. I have had it in the shopping bag a few times, but shipping and deck came to $90!!! So I have reluctantly put it back on the shelf. I'm really hoping it won't sell out VERY soon and it can be one of my 3 decks I am allowed to get next year.