Trusting the intuition...

Ange

Well this is certainly making me feel a whole lot better about it, cos to be honest, I was about to leave the tarot alone for good and just go with the oracle cards.

I have to wonder though if the traumas I have been through are somehow tuning me into those of others....that somewhere, somehow I sense the suffering without realising I'm sensing it....

Thank you everyone...:*

Ang x

balenciaga

Ange's quote"I have to wonder though if the traumas I have been through are somehow tuning me into those of others....that somewhere, somehow I sense the suffering without realising I'm sensing it...."

I messed up the quote function, sorry.

My comment is:

I agree with you.:love:
And the nature of energy is to flow with its like kind. If you work on healing with love and optimism - toward Life - your energy will become more positive, and so will your readings.

GreenMoonBeam

i think that this is just what is meant to happen and in no way should you worry. How often does the grapevine hear of a person having a reading that
was not helpful. Like all the others said, this is your gift.

wordwitch

Agreed. It is a gift, a blessing - be proud to own it! Maybe you would excel in past life readings too. :D

Ange

wordwitch said:
Agreed. It is a gift, a blessing - be proud to own it! Maybe you would excel in past life readings too. :D

Oh I never thought about that....:)
Ang x

SunChariot

Ange said:
My problem now is that I don't trust myself to do readings anymore....cos I just can't get the present, no matter how hard I try....I only get past things.

I watch the TV readers, and they all manage to be in the 'present'....so why can't I be in the present too?

I tell you, it has knocked my confidence with my readings now no end, and I have put the tarot away and I only tend to use the oracle cards for myself and for a daily card on a little group on the van site....

Is it just me, or has anyone else found this happening?
Ang x

You have answered your own question. Reading Tarot requires faith in what you are doing. If you don't trust yourself to be able to read in a certain way it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Similarly, if you do believe inside yourself that you are fully capable of reading about the present, then you will be. What you believe will become your reality.

If you can do one, you can do the other. Sensing what the card are telling you is the exact same skill, whether it is in the past, present or future. You just have put yourself up a mental roadblock.

All you need to do is to get your confidence back in that area. My suggestion is to do present readings on yourself. Please do not expect perfection. Expecting perfection of ourselves is one of the cruelest things we ever do to ourselves. As no one can be perfect and so in expecting it we set ourselves up for worry.

Just work on it with a view of seeing what you can learn from the experience. Many of life's greatest experiences are learnt through trial and error. And so mistakes are very useful and teach us how to try new thigns and new more efficient ways.

Obviously don't ask questions about your present that you already know. That would not do much for your reading skills or be much of a test for them. Maybe try to ask things that are currently going on in your life that you have to verify to be sure of. Or you could try some of the questions I love, about things my unconscious mind is up to that my conscious mind is unaware of. Like if I don't understand what is driving me to act in a certain way against my better reasoning, then I like to ask questons to see why I am acting that way or what is going on in my unconsious mind that is making me act that way. When you hit on the right answer, you just know. You can feel it inside. It's like an AHA moment.

The main thing is that you have the skill to do it. It is the exact same skill you are using now. It's just basically a matter of getting yourself to beleive that. Your expectations will become your reality. If you believe you can read the present clearly then you will. If you beleive you can't all kinds of problems will show up. That's all it is really, expectations creating reality.

Babs

Ange

Thanks Babs...I hadn't thought of it like that....it does make a lot of sense....:)

Ang x

SunChariot

anytime, glad to help,

Babs

PermanentInTruth

Living in the past?

Hi Ange,
I agree that your clients needed to know about his past and perhaps it is a gift you have, to read the past very very well.
I add another possibility: maybe you're living in the past? That way, maybe that's why you only see the past of the consultant. Just an idea.