Storing the faeries

sagitarian

no doubt! She did ask him about it too, and he said no, that he wants to keep it. I think he just likes "having" tarot around, like it's "cool" or something. She said that he never reads cards, and doesn't even try. Something like, he just likes the art work or something. Which I can understand BUT..BUT..Deh..MMMmmmm, HOW CAN YOU IGNORE THEM? LAUGHS. To each their own. Shrugs. I'm like you jewels, my fae want to go with me EVERYWHERE I go, unless it's to the grocery store, and even then, depends on what I"m gettin...LAUGHS.

Khatruman

Follow up, Alissa

Alissa said:
Khatruman, I'm QUITE interested in what your Fae have to tell you about the recent nip! Lawdy, but They are full of mischief aren't They?

Mine have been cozy in Their own hand spun, hand knit bag that I made for Them.
Never did find who the nipper was or why :p, but they are now comfy in their own hand spun bag that a certain sweet fae friend made. They are giving me amazing readings now, so I know they like their home. The Fairy Ring Fairies now have all the room in the world in their Royal Salute bag.

Thanks again, the sweet wafting smells just put all my decks in a great mood.

Peace!

Alissa

Woo hoo!

You know, I have to say I got a fae friend gift too ... a musical CD for reading to ... and the other day I actually got to put it to use as I did an honest to god Faery reading for another person! Aren't Faeries amazing for Their ability to "acquire" things?

Some people call it stealing, Fae call it borrowing, and we call it swapping. In any case, possessions go around and around, and it's all good.

WillieHewes

This thread is cool! You are all completely *touched*! :D

That does get me thinking though... do you ever wonder about the danger? Good Faeries/Bad Faeries is a great book, but based on a silly distinction, as Froud himself admits. Aren't you worried the faeries might harm you somehow?

Willie - unfree of worry

sagitarian

not at all!

I don't feel afraid of the fae at all. I feel perfectly comfortable with them around, even some of the darker fae. I don't have the book Good Faeries and Bad Faeries, so i'm not sure that my idea of dark faeries and the books idea of dark fae are the same thing, but i DO want the book! In any case, i feel quite the opposite that they are protective and help guide you. Here's an interesting link to read into, which has two other links in it, but well worth the reading.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10015

The second post down by Alissa is VERY intriquing!

Alissa

I am no more afraid of evil Fae than I am of malicious spirits.

Yes, I'm sure both exist. No, I don't worry about them.

In my experience, the "energy signatures" of these kinds of creatures is of a lower spiritual frequency.

They are attracted to those of higher frequencies, but they BOND (i.e. spend entirely too much time with, interact and hassle you) with those who are emitting similar frequencies.

I'll try to be a bit clearer about this, but the baby is grabbing at me ... let's see if I can focus this .....

Imagine that when you act from your Higher Self, in love and compassion, that you are now emitting a spiritual frequency that reaches the higher frequencies.

And, when you act in ways that are base, self-serving, or deceitful you are emitting lower spiritual frequencies.

These are due to your chakras (IMO) and where your particular chakra emphasis may be -- for good or worse -- concentrated. Chakras emit Divine energy, or prana. Each person's unique emissions can be likened to their energetic signatures.

So, if you have a person who is obsessed with power, career, and is willing to cut throats in order to succeed in work ... you may have a REALLY unbalanced by overemphasis in the 3rd (power) chakra.

If you balance your energies (mind you the objective isn't to shoot to the top, 7th chakra, as "best" ... that's Western thinking) but BALANCED, you are less likely to attract spirits that feed energetically off the lower frequencies.

Power, addictions, obsessions, sexual dysfunctions ... all lower chakras going hay wire, with not enough higher frequencies to balance them out.

Lower-frequency spirits seem quite attracted by those who emit the same problems and hence go pester them more. It reminds me of "misery loves company" on the astral level :p.

When one is encountered, there are a number of ways to combat negative energy sources. This forum is just chock FULL of others' tales on how they've dealt with such, so remember you're in good company in learning to deal with the meanies if you find you must (like I did in my post that sag shared above, thanks sag!).

(p.s. I'd like to say in my defense that chakras have been completely abused by the New Age bliss ninnies who bastardized the concept, mushed it up and force fed it to the masses).

Tarot_Freak

hey

Hey everyone

Ok....i'm just buying this deck today because i think it is really beautiful and i want to learn to read with it. I read tarot but i thought that adding an oracle deck would be awesome!~! But ya, but question is this, how do you guys know what the faeries like and dislike? Is it a feeling or what? Well looking forward to hearing your guys answers!~!

Buh Bye & Blessings
~Tarot Freak~

Wisp Wings

Hi Tarot Freak. You just have to wait and listen to them. Sometimes for some it may be awhile for others it is fast. Here is how it was with my experience.

May you always be and fly faery well,

Wisp Wings

This is from the url: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=153673#post153673 (a partial quote of that thread -- my own). I didn't post it in this, sorry. It was wrote 25th of May, 2003. After this quotation, I will add some more to the bottom of the posting.

~~~~~~~~

Ohhhhhh have to share this! I did read some of the post of "storing them" just a few hours after they directed me to their preface with me for a home. I was laughing inside of myself reading these post. It is so funny, I thought it was a just me thing. I had months back made a beautiful green bad with a big floral explosion print on the inside of it. Once I got the deck and as soon as I started doing the grouping of the types of cards it was clear to me this is not the bag for them. The deck and the bag haven't been within 20 feet of each other. I was directed to make one out of some brownish tan suede I have and the lining is to be of actually a kitchen type print of various berries on it, like raspberries and blueberries. Well get this! I felt they weren't to be back in the box at all and until I could make the time to make up their bag, I had to that night cut the pieces of the suede for the bag and shelter them in between it to house them. So their first night was to their liking. I was so suprised when reading that so many others are being directed as to how to house them too. I would have never put this berry and leave print with the deep tan suede, but I guess they are getting their trees, berries and leaves. Wonder if the other bag, the lining was too loud for them? Maybe they wanted the brown over the forrest green. I think this is going to be some row to hoe in the future. LOL! Also the amount of suede I have is just barely enough to make this bag! None at all to spare. Literally no scraps to be had left. Talk about precise!
~~~~~~~~~

They are very happy in this bag. They have told me to add this or that too it and I know it is not of my own desires, but of them. I think I may have wrote of this before, but where the amount of the faux suede that I had didn't have an inch to spare, they did direct me all the way in making it. I used to make bags more roomier. The Faes wanted it tight. Okay, I am suppose to tell you this. "Snug as a bug." That is exactly what they got! I had enough seam allowance for it to be maybe another 3/4 inch wider, but nooooooooo. I can take them out of the bag all at once but it is easier to remove them a half at a time, that is how snug it is! They love the leaves and mixed berries of the interior print.

Four things that I didn't tell of, of which three were immediate and the fourth came about a month or so later. The drawstrings are gold satin cording. From the moment I was in process of sewing their bag I knew this one small crystal was theirs. So I gave it. When I making the bag, hunting for my needles in my notions, they hollered "We want that with us! But only one, that one there!" I had in with my notions two very small puffy gold fabric hearts. One side is a flat, gold lining type fabric, the other side is a flashy, shiny lame` fabric. They're home as snug as it is, always has the small crystal and the heart they chose with them. I don't even know if I still have the other gold heart. A month or so after they wanted me to add trim, gold trim. I didn't have any. Within a week, we shopped for it (of course they picked). So on the tan suede is a metalic gold, tiny loopy trim encircling the bag.

All of the other decks (tarot and such) I have are in bags and keep within wooden boxes as well. Not always these Faes! I would have thought it less than honoring them to keep them out, but they sometimes wish to be in a wooden box, as they have picked two to sometimes stay in. Mostly they are out of the wooden boxes, but in their bag. Their most frquent haunts to be is inside my purse, the living room, the bedroom, or to be in the home office on this deck. Most of my sit down times, like when at leisure in the living room or when I am at the computer (now included) they act much like a lap dog or cat, with them in their bag sit on my lap. LOL. I guess it is an energy infusion thing, well love too.

September Pixie

I thought I had already commented on this page, turns out I didnt! My fae beckoned me to create a bag special for them.. so I set out to find someone to do just that :) They have lived in this bag since the day I got it.. they seem quite happy in there :)

The outter bag is a navy blue velvet, the inside is a celestial moon print which I just LOVE.. the outside is a fairy sitting among mushrooms beneath a tree with a moon high in the sky :) I get a lot of complements on the bag when using it for readings.. I created one very much like it for my Fae Tarot too! :)

diane drizzy

Gorgeous bag, September Pixie!
My crowd's living in a cotton bag with a forest print that I got from Tarot Totes.
But I get the feeling that they'd be happier stored in a used sweat sock!
What's a mother to do?