Book of Law Study Group 1.20

ravenest

Always Wondering said:
Do you guys know how many numbers are out there? :bugeyed:

AW

HEAPS! Thats why gematraicians only choose the ones they like ;)

Yygdrasilian

The Key That Includes Six

Aeon418 said:
Well, lets say ABRAHADABRA = 11 does not necessarily equal Da'ath.

Instead try 0 to 10 = 11
Perhaps it would be more accurate in this context to say...

ABRAHADABRA = 11 = "daat hane'elam" : Gnosis

...which may be read as...

/6]’’’’’’’’'/6]
[6]<()>[6]
[6].......[6]

...or seen as...

/].......................XXI...................../]
.[]....................../....\....................[]
.[]..................../.......\...................[]
.[]...XVI______/______\______X.....[]
.[]........\......../.............\......../.......[]
.[]..........\...../................\...../........[]
.[]............\./.......XIX.......\../..........[]
.[]............/..\................../..\..........[]
.[]........../.....\.............../.....\.........[]
.[]......../_____\______/_____\........[]
.[]......I............\......../..........III......[]
.[]....................\....../.....................[]
.[]......................\../.......................[]
.[].......................II........................[]

11 + 6 = 17: The Star

At this point I would like to emphasize there is a difference between this 'Card Trick' and the actual practice of meditation that allows One to experience the completion of this Magum Opus. The Book of Thoth may be a helpful TooL for walking the pathways - but, to borrow an old maxim: the Map is not the Territory.

Apples, anyone?

Always Wondering

ravenest said:
HEAPS! Thats why gematraicians only choose the ones they like ;)

Ah. Saved by Ravenest, and Paul Foster Case. Occult Fundamentals and Spiritual Unfoldment came in the mail yesterday. It seems 0 though 9 is enough to keep me busy for a while. :laugh:

AW

Yygdrasilian

Bicycle in Reverse

Yygdrasilian said:
11 x 5 : 2 x 28 = Jupiter : Saturn
5 : 2 = the synodic cycle that, every 60 Earth years, makes a pentagram between Jupiter & Saturn.
Whilst digging deeper into the details of my 'theory', I realized this outer pentagram was a serious misinterpretation of the 'devil'... so-to-speak. But, even though I must say good-bye to this facet of 'the system' which I thought lent it a measure of symmetry, I think I may have learned something of much greater interest in the process....
http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1795326&postcount=19

Beira

Abrahadabra and all its applications really deserve a book of its own, as said in tthe commentaries..
Googling the word made me realize that the work on the Magical Formula is still in progress, and it is interesting to see the work in progress of many different hermetic schools..

In my narrow understanding of Thelema, what has sedimented in my mind about it is, first and foremost, its function of uniting 5 and 6 in 11.
5 as the Microcosm, moves towards above, and at the same time 6, the Macrocosm, descends towards matter. This is the magical formula that expresses what was described in the last few lines.
I start to see connections with the rituals of the Pentagram and the Hexagram.

This brings me to a question:
Whate does the LBRP (or LIRP) exactly banish (invoke)? More than once I tought I should try it to be able to understand it, but I don't like parrot repeating things I don't understand..
And the other issue I found in actually trying one, is that I am used to meditate/pray/worship, as you like to call it, in a far more spontaneous way then ritual, and it has worked so far for me, so I would like to understand better the reason of performing such complicated practices..
I mean.. I understand ritual helps to make that first experience, but if you feel you already are in contact with your deities in your everyday language, what does the ritual bring then?
Couldn't the deities be "offended" by getting addressed in a formal way, when they have prooved available when u just concentqrate and open your channels?
I am not criticizing, at the opposite, I am trying to clear some obstacles that make awkward for me to start practicing..
Thanks for the time you all are spending on me, it is always appreciated..

Back to Abrahadabra:
for the moment my main understanding of it is that it is the word of the Aeon because it is the magickal formula of the K&C with the Angel. K&C is what allow Mankind to fully evolve into the New Aeon, one where the relationship with God doesn't need superstructures anymore, but is personal to each one of us.
The word has many meanings that make it relevant to Thelema: starting from its numeration, 418; the number of letters that compose it, 11; and many manipulations of the numbers and letters that all explain each other and connect Abrahadabra with 31 and 93, both fundamental numbers of Thelema.

ravenest

This brings me to a question:
Whate does the LBRP (or LIRP) exactly banish (invoke)?

That depends on your intention. For invocation, I suggest a beginning simplification as suggested by Regardie ; first point of LBRP 'Let the divine white light descend'.

Banish ? unbalanced elemental forces , or adaptable to what you want - like a 'circle fortification' .

More than once I tought I should try it to be able to understand it, but I don't like parrot repeating things I don't understand..

And the other issue I found in actually trying one, is that I am used to meditate/pray/worship, as you like to call it, in a far more spontaneous way then ritual, and it has worked so far for me, so I would like to understand better the reason of performing such complicated practices..

There are many, best realized by long term practice; eg. Liber Amorum .... why not just go to your local New Age shop and buy a wand cup dagger and disc ?

of course you could, but if you make them 'by your own ingenium' I assure you, you will learn a HEAP of stuff everything from blacksmithing through to things revealed about yourself. - Look beyond and through the surface.

I mean.. I understand ritual helps to make that first experience, but if you feel you already are in contact with your deities in your everyday language, what does the ritual bring then?

All sorts of benefits , depending in the ritual, for example' make offerings to your deity, thats a ritual, and something you can keep doing after being 'in contact' ... the purpose of that ? best for you to discover it yourself by doing it.

Couldn't the deities be "offended" by getting addressed in a formal way, when they have prooved available when u just concentqrate and open your channels?

About as much as my GF does when I call her 'The Queen of Heaven' .... and leave an 'offering' of flowers ;) .... I might bow to 'Stevo' - my Martial Arts instructor and call him 'Sensai' in training , but not outside of it . . :)